Heart Rhythm Community
my heart is skipping beats.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

my heart is skipping beats.

Hi, I'm a 15 year old male. My heart has been skipping beats every so often, I'm starting to worry. I would like to know if I should be worried or if it's normal. I've read stress can cause it, but I don't think that I'm stressed out. Someone please help me I'm very concerned.
Oh and I'm 145 pounds and 5'10
hi luke98,
Skipped beats are pretty normal, its called ectopic beats and can happen anytime. Alot of the time it just means your aware of your heart, maybe when you're lying down and you hear it thudding away and sometimes even seems you can hear it through your ear! (which is your pulse) If you are constantly aware of it then you can stress yourself and when a missed beat occurs, you panic in turn speeding your B.P. up. However,  if you feel dizzy or sick and your heart is racing (palpitations) and it happens a few times, contact your doctor asap. It could be arrhythmia of some sort. I had palpitations ever since I remember until I had an "attack" which lasted an hour (usually only lasted couple of mins) I felt dizzy and sick, when I got to hospital my heart rate was 250 beats per min and Ifound out I had a rare heart condition called Wolfe Parkinson White Syndrome and had to have an operation.  So, I know how you feel. It's worrying you, so best get a check up even just to set your mind at rest. Good luck