new tachycardia problems
I started about 16 months ago with tachycardia and have had about 8 episodes.  Recently my heart went full into tachycardia at a rate of 172 bpm and had to be converted in order for it to stop....I am now on diltiziam 180 mgs and coverysl 8 mg ---have an echo done and my heart looks good and a heart monitor on, it showed fine.  This seems to be a hit and miss thing.  My heart does seems to want to tachy at times and I just sit quite to stop it and it does.  If the cardiologist cannot seem to fine what is wrong - what do I do from here????
You are you best source for an answer.  Only you know what you have been doing and how you feel emotionally just before an episode.  These facts may be the best lead you have, but you'll have to be real clear and write down what was going on prior.  This includes what you were eating and physically/mentally doing.

This may not be the answer, but as the scientific tests haven't shown the solution, give a careful self "mapping" of what was going on that might have stimulated the high HR a try.