pacemaker battery is dead
I just found out my pacemaker battery is dead.  Will I realize any side affects until the new pacemaker is inserted?

This discussion is related to pacemaker battery failure.
Pacemaker batteries will not run out unexpectedly. When a battery is running low, the elective replacement indicator (ERI) is activated. Physicians can detect this activation during a routine office visit. In addition, the battery status and the general functioning of the pacemaker can be tested over the telephone. This is generally done every one to two months. Pacemakers will continue to function for approximately six months after the ERI is activated, allowing ample time to schedule an elective replacement procedure.

Your symptoms would depend on whay you had the pacemkaer implant and how dependant you have been on it. Do you know to what % your heart is being paced?
I have a sick sinus condition and I'm in my last year of battery power. What might my symptoms be when the pacemaker is no longer functional?   It's a dual lead, programmable Medtronic pacemaker.

Geno