Heart Rhythm Community
palpitations and burning sensation

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

palpitations and burning sensation

I experienced an episode ain late November, 2007 where my heart was racing and I had a burning sensation on my skin that travelled across my chest and then down my body.  I was afraid I was having  a heart attack and went to the ER.  After testing, they said I do have an irregular heartbeat - but that could be my regular pattern.  I followed up with a cardiologist who said everything is fine after a CAT scan and stress test.  I had no other problems since then until the second week of March.  I had donated blood a week before, then got my period.  Two days after it was over, I had the same episode occur.  It did not last as long.  I was sitting on the couch and started to feel bloated and then my heart started racing and my the burning sensation traveled down the front of my body and up the back.  I'm not sure what to do.  Called my gynecologist to see if this is the beginning of menopause, he did not think so and said this really isn't a pattern.  My cholesterol is 165.  I weight 175 lbs,  5'5" - work out regularly.