Heart Rhythm Community
palpitations worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

palpitations worried

hey every one im 18 with no medical history but since i was in middle i thought there was something wrong with my heart because it skipped a beat sometimes but never caused any problems i learned this was normal but now i graduated high school and still have palpitations but now there different i got 2 dizzy spells that didn't effect me then one in class that felt like the room was spinning witch freaked me out a lot since then i have palpitations everyday like a fulness in the chest and stomach and a fluttering hard heart beat my doctors think its anxiety i had 2 chest xrays 4 ekgs a sonogram of my heart and also saw a cardiologist and everything was fine that palpitations are worse if eat something to and this is everyday i didn't get a stress test or a holtor because my cardiologist was 100% sure nothing was wrong
I understand your problem as I just had a Holter for the same thing and I'm waiting for results.  If I were you I would ask the cardiologist to do one just to ease your mind, and if he won't get a second opinion.  Chances are that palpitations are not dangerous but it doesn't hurt to make sure.
I to understand, just got out of hospital with 10 straight hours of the skips, flutters they were really bad and I had many in a row, one right after the other and I though I was never going to have a reg  heart beat again. But it did after 10 hours, they recorded them all and they were PAC, not anything to worry about, but they sure felt like I needed to worry about them they felt bad, wakeful, and how can a good heart beat like that and be ok, we'll they said they were so I guess they were I am still here, had another day of them Sunday but not as bad, nerve racking, going to cardio dr in morning for recheck with cardio dr , can't wait to hear what she has to say
Hey i'm 25 and i first experienced palpitations when i was around 18-ish. They didn't really bother me then.
But it wasn't until i was 22/23 when i had a strange episode of a shock feeling in my chest which i thought may have been PVC's that prevented me from drifting off to sleep for 24 hours. I then experienced a weird heavy feeling in the chest and upper abdomen and throat felt like it would constrict occasionally, it's quite and unsettling sensation. The doctors thought it was anxiety.
Back then i had been a smoker for 4-5 years, drank energy drinks and lots of iced coffees so my caffeine intake way pretty high.
Since then i've changed my diet to include heart healthy fruits and vegetables, salmon and tuna, reduced fast food to once a fortnight minimum, started exercising, quit smoking and stopped drinking energy drinks all together, but still consume coffee and tea.
I've noticed a big difference in these feelings and they are largely gone for the most part, though not 100% gone yet and i still have palpitations that last half a second or so, every other week. This is normal apparently.
I would probably suggest changing some of the lifestyle choices you make while you are still young and while your body still has time on it's side.
As a rule of thumb it's okay to experiment with things and lifestyle choices up until the age of 25, after that, your body starts reducing what it can handle health wise.
So for now, take preventative medicine. Exercise, maintain healthy BMI, watch what you consume.
has anything traumatic happened in your life before you started feeling this way like the death of a loved one,emotional trauma is high on the lists of heart and anxiety problems.broken heart can do it.