palpitations?
I cant seem to figure out whats wrong with me and I believe neither can the 2 doc's i've been to see. I get palpitations and I feel weak and slightly dizzy and shaky, generally just get a sick feeling. but everytime I get an exam done, the doc's tell me there's nothing wrong!!! Also i get these horrid migranes and the best thing that helps is excedrin migrane... but it gives me instant palpitations...what can i do about this???
Do you think you could be having panic attacks related to stress? I was thinking this could be it, if all physical possibilities have been ruled out. If not, could be mitral valve prolapse.
I have occasional panic attacks and when I get them they are always accompanied by palpitations.  Mimi, I have found that when the docs repeatedly tell you there's nothing wrong with your heart (even though it feels as though something certainly must be wrong!), the best thing to do is ask for a referral to a psychiatrist or counselor who deals with panic attacks.  There is no shame in this:  Having panic attacks just means that your nervous system is more sensitive than that of other people.  You can learn how to live with the condition and manage it, too, but you will have to ask for help.

Oh, by the way, the standard advice for people who get palpitations is to avoid caffeine--and excedrin migraine has caffeine in it.  There are other migraine remedies that do not contain caffeine.  Have you seen a doctor who specializes in migraines, I hope?