Heart Rhythm Community
ph/tricuspid regurg/pvs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

ph/tricuspid regurg/pvs

I have been told that i have mild ph, and tricuspid regurg mild to moderate, i had and echo w/ a bubble study done.  I'm 42 yrs old very active, i ride a road bike and run about 5days week, i'm not over weight, i dont' have sleep apnea as of yet, i'm having a sleep study this week. What is baffling to me is i had and echo 2yrs ago because i was having pvcs, and hypertension at the time, had ane echo done, 24hour holter, and my dr. at that time told me my echo was fine, treated the bloodpressure, but it returned to normal even off of the toprol xl.  Now the same problem is happening, pvcs have gotten worse and very elevated bloodpresure, he sent me once again for echo, 24 hour holter, then the dr. tells me reviewing the echo from 2yrs ago that i had elevated pumomnary pressures, wth, and never even mentioned the tricuspid regurg from 2yrs ago, i just found that out, never treated the pvcs at all. When i exercise my heart returns to normal sinus rhythm, he said that was a good thing, and thats it, wrote me off, until i showed up at his office in may this year, not feeling well with a pressure of 190/112..   I had to tell him to refer me to a cardiologist to get my pvcs undercontrol and assess the tricuspid and to hopefully schedule a cath, i'm really hoping that i don't have ph, and my shortness of breath which i get now and then exercising is result of the regurg and pvcs. any insight on this?
You are doing the right thing seeing a specialist, a cardiologist.

Many people live with heart valve anomalies (irregularities) and don' t even know it until they have a echocardiogram for some general reason.  I had mitral valve leakage (regurgitation) and think it had been going on for many years.  It first came to my knowledge at about the age of 60, maybe earlier, don't remember.  I was a running until the age of 67 and at that time had heart surgery to correct the mitral valve problem.  My point is to not get too overly worried about valve issues, but good to get them checked to be sure they are not in need of corrective action.