post ablation procedure
-just wondering if anyone has insight regarding post ablation symptoms.
I had the procedure done 2 days ago and am having some chest discomfort, difficulty breathing and am very tired.
-also experiencing instability with my heart beat, which I think ( ? ) is common postoperatively.

Is there hope that I will actually feel better after living with the fear of heart racing, exhaustion etc. etc?
Thanks for any encouragement and information.
Elyn
Dear Elyn: I have had two ablations and my experience is that your heart will start feeling much better after 1-2 weeks and gradually keep improving or healing for the next 3-4 months ... They say it takes 3 months to heal...but Im not so sure it doesnt take 4-5 months for ones heart to get back to its best...dunno just my opinion.. hope this helps..Claytex
I had all sorts of things going on with my heart after the ablation.  The first three months I had a lot of irregular or extra (ectopic) beats and yes this can be quite common and it could be part of the breathing difficulties.  I also had a bit of shortness of breath for a couple of days after my procedure but it goes away.  So just hang in there and give your heart as much rest as you can.  That should help it calm down faster.  I would say if you feel your symptoms are interfering with your ability to function or they seem a bit alarming to you then don't hesitate to call your doctor and ask to get seen.  You are likely doing just fine but it is best to let the doctor check you out to be sure.  But for the most part, though it may be slow going but your heart will slowly but surely heal.  Stay strong and feel better soon.
Thanks for responding.  -really did help and offered me some comfort at a very distressing time.  I did end up in emerg. for 2 days, and all seems to be sorted out now.
The pain is much less and I can actually breathe.  They stressed that I needed to rest...somehow I thought I could take off and 'get up to speed'
shortly after the procedure.  I understand now...slowly and patiently!
Thanks again for taking the time to write.  I hope all is going well with your healing.
Elyn
I want to thank you also for responding to my questions Michelle.
Your words and encouragement helped a great deal and as I mentioned to
Claytex, did end up in Emerg. for 2 days having things sorted out.
Hearing from someone who has actually experienced this really helped to give me hope and strength at a time when everything felt very shakey and uncertain.
Blessings to you both for your responses and for taking the time to
'be there'.  Take good care. Elyn