prebeat after asd repair
my daughter had open heart surgery for asd repair when she was 13 mos old. at her last checkup at age 17 she was diagnosed with a prebeat and told to see a cardiologist every 5 years. she is now 22 and feels she does not need to do this as she has had no problems. at the time the pediatric cardiologist said they were just beginning to see this prebeat condition in their older patients and felt it is important to have it followed. has there been any new imformation on this?
If you are speaking of something other than premature beats like pacs or pvcs you may want to post your question in the experts forum for more professional advice.  If you are speaking of premature beats in an otherwise healthy heart premature beats are benign and nothing to be concerned about.  If your daughters heart is still unhealthy then they should be monitored.  I would also get clarification from her doctor what exactly they are talking about and what your daughters risk factors are given her particular heart health.