Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
pregnant and worried
About This Forum:

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pregnant and worried

I am 22 years old and i have a 5 year old daughter and now i am 2 months pregnant.About 1 month ago i started to get a flutter in my chest and throat my ob doctor told me too go too a hostipel and get check i havent went yet cause everyone is telling me i am fine its my nerves or hormones.I have had blood work done and my blood pressure is fine i have had a x-ray done on my chest and it was fine.Should i go be checked i did not have this with my daughter at all.I have had friends tell me they had it when they were pregnant..
Tags: Pregnancy
Related Discussions
230125_tn?1193369457
Palpitations (heart fluttering) during pregnancy is very common.  It is thought to be related to hormones.  It is worth talking to your doctor about.  Let them decide if additional tests are necessary.  It is very common though.
3 Comments
Blank
Hi,

I, too, had that when I was pregnant 2 years ago.  They found I had a couple of runs of VT while pregnant.  I was told by numerous doctors that this is quite common when women are pregnant.  However, you have kids to take care of so I would suggest at least having it looked at.  Better to be safe than sorry.  Good luck and take care,

Melody
Blank
Go see a cardologist if you can.  I had the same problem although its very rare but i had a heart attack because they told me i was fine.  I don't want to scare you but all you need to do is make an appointment.  Then you know for sure.  I am only 23 and was 22 when it happened.  I had migranes (migraines) at the begining of my prengancy do you have headaches?  Please keep me posted.  I have yet to encounter someone who had this problem, although i hope that you don't.  Like i said before just go to the doctors and hold nothing back.

Praying for you,

Ronda
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank