Heart Rhythm Community
pulse feeling

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

pulse feeling

I have a pulse feeling in different parts of the body like arms,thighs,back, feet etc... I had a ecg taken and things were normal. I was once told by a doc that i had a heart murmur..is this pulse feeling related to the murmur ?? I am usually stressed and anxious of health

This discussion is related to Strange pulse feeling in different parts of body.
Hard to say for certain based on limited information, but if I had to guess, I'd say that feeling your pulse all over like that is more likely stress/anxiety related if your EKG is normal. When you start to notice something like this and you start wondering if something is wrong, that can cause anxiety which can cause your mind to start focusing on that pulse, and sort of a bad feedback loop can form. Try this: When you're noticing your pulse, instead of thinking about that, focus your mind on your breath instead. Feel your breath going in your nostrils, filling your lungs, and then back out again. Just keep doing that, keeping your mind focused on that breath. See how that goes, and see if you still notice your pulse (don't try to) while you're doing that kind of mindful breathing. My guess is that you won't, or it won't be as prominent. If it helps, keep doing it as much as needed.
Hey

I don't think its anything to do with your heart murmor, but i am not expert, perhaps give your doc a call and explain your feelings to him/her..

I think if you concentrate enough on a certain spot of your body you will notice it!! I also can feel it in different parts of my body..

I am learning cbt at the moment, just bought some books from amazon, to teach me from changing a neg thought into a pos thought and many other things..

What i have learnt though is what the above poster said, but instead of the breathing, i focus on my big toe, i can feel it, and i can move it, and i can feel it touching my other toe, etc etc... the same with sqeezing your bum cheeks, and so on!!

Hope this has helped too :-)