quivering of the heart
Hello everyone. Sometimes I get this feeling in my chest like my heart is quivering. At other times it feels like a buzzing or vibration feel like when you hit the baseball on the end of a bat. I do though get lots of premature beat of some kind. I have had an echocardiogram done and the cardiologist said my heart looked pretty normal. However, I have experienced bad chest pains in the best, especially after taking viagra. I think I had a heart attack and my heart is damaged being the reason i get electrial disturbances in my heart. Most doctors I talk to though shine me on. Sometimes I get the feeling like i am annoying them or wasing their time. This is the impression they give me. The one doctor that did the echocardiogram said he wanted me to do a stress/echo, but did not want to induce an arrythmia because I was afraid. None of these problmes started until I started taking viagra here and there about 5 years ago. Sometimes I feel like I did ireversable damage and something one day will happen. Then again I have times where I can exhert myself physically and be fine then there are time I cannot. It is like whatever this is will not make up its mind. I just hope that I am not having ventricular fibrillation like I think I do.
I get that same weird quivering in my chest as well. I also get a lot of chest pain and heart palpitations all day long. I've had 3 EKG's, 2 chest x-rays, and blood work; all normal. The quivering doesn't hurt it is just a very weird feeling and very unnerving. I was diagnosed with an anxiety and panic disorder however, so that might be the cause of my heart quivering (although I feel like its something else not related to the anxiety). I don't have much information to help, but I can say I do not think your having ventricular fibrillation; especially if you've already had those test done. I'm obviously not a Dr. but I know how serious ventricular fibrillation is. ventricular fibrillation is a medical emergency and is a severely abnormal heart rhythm. A person who has a ventricular fibrillation episode will suddenly collapse or become unconscious, because the brain and muscles have stopped receiving blood from the heart. Ventricular fibrillation can lead to death within a few minutes or a few days. The survival rate for a person who has a VF attack outside the hospital ranges between 2% and 25%. So with that being said, I think if you experience this a lot, something that serious would have already made you collapse...or worse. But my best advice would be to go see other doctors. If the ones you're seeing right now act like your wasting their time, get new doctors. They can also give you a second opinion which can be very much needed. I know how scary this quivering can be though, and I think you've already made the right first step in getting checked out.
Thank you Chrissy for your response. Do you get these heart quivers often? The skipped beats I am use to. At least I think I am, but when I get the buzzing feeling in my chest I really start to panic, because it just is not normal. Obviously something is wrong, I just do not know what. Sometimes I wish I could go back 6 years, so I could have my life back. I can not have any fun anymore. I always am clingy to my family and do not like to be left alone for fear that I would be found lying their one day. I wish there was a cure. How does one go about there daily routine of working all days and taking care of business when this is always on their mind and acting up? How do you cope with it? And may I ask what action do you think you'll be taking to find a cure to this if any?