rapid heart beat
My heart rate is about 108 at rest My doctor has me on MULTAQ, but it does not seem to be helping. Is there something else I could take/
besides sports and a healthy diet,

breathing through the belly stimulates the vagus nerve and lowers the heartrate.
i experience it first hand and it works wonderful.

the danger in changing the breath is that you are going to mess it up too much
and start hyperventillating or something,

so you must make sure you are allowing the body to regulate the speed of the breath
while you are channeling the breath down through the belly and back up.

if you breath through the belly the body should normally breath slower than breathing through the chest.
if not, hyperventillation will occur because breathing through the belly allows the lungs to operate more efficiently and thus there is more oxygen in one breath.

too much oxygen in the body makes the body want to breath even faster,
hence one can easily fall into hyperventillation.

good luck.
I'd talk to the doc....the Multaq may not be a right fit for you but 108 pulse is still considered to be within normal limits..the American Medical Assoc. says that between 70 and 120 is okay but if you're worried that it feels too fast to you jonaz is right....a little exercise even walking around the block each day or nite def. helps.  Sometimes when we are not mentally active all we think about is "something doesn't feel right" so i personally think that if you take your mind off of what may or may not be going on and get out of the quietness and distract yourself that it sometimes help.....but if in  doubt call the doc the what ifs is what gets us...............................