Heart Rhythm Community
rapid heart beat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

rapid heart beat

is it possible to have a rapid heart beat and do know know it and someone can touch u and feel it
There are many of us on here that have experienced "rapid heart beat".  You haven't given us enough information though.  Can you explain your condition to us?  Maybe tell us what you were doing at the time,  Many of us have experienced rates of 200 beats per minute and up.  There are controls and cures available, but we need more info to direct you.  Can you elaborate?
i was about to have sex with my husband  and he says my heart was beating really fast  i did not feel it  i thought it was normal so i am trying to see if this has happen to anyone before .. it has never beated like that and i did not feel it beating fast ..never happen before so i guess i am asking if it is poeeible he felt it and i did not plus i do have hypertension
In general unless you are having symptoms with your rapid heart beat or the beat is over 200 you really don't have anything to worry about.  It was likely you were getting excited is all.  I can get stressed and have my beat go to 160 and not even know it.  But a dangerous beat will produce symptoms like shortness of breath, chest pain or feeling as though you will pass out.  if you didn't have these symptoms it is likely you were just having some sinus tachycardia from the anticipation of sex.  You may want to check your pulse to see how fast it was and maybe ask your doctor if it is an issue in regards to your HBP especially if you have heart disease or a previous heart attack but I think if your heart is generally healthy you are probably fine.  Take care.
The term "rapid heart rate" is a relative term.  My wife suffered from panic attacks years ago, and she'd tell me that her heart was racing.  I'd check her pulse expecting to detect a rate similar to what I would experienced, but it was never over 130 bpm.  I think those of us that have experienced "really fast" heart rates, rates of 200 to 250 beats per minutes most definitely feel them and in a lots of cases (like myself) can see their chest wall literally "vibrating" in time with the high rate.  If this is observed again, you should neasure your pulse so you can establish an accurate rate.
The first time I felt a "skipped" beat, I was 20 years old. Went to my family doctor, he said it was stress and wanted to put me on Valium. it resolved on it's own...Over the next 30 years, (I am 51) I have had periods when the "skips" were bad. A couple of times I felt a weird skip, a pause and then my heart would race to 150...a very regular rhythm, but fast. As a registered nurse, I knew the symptoms, but by the time I got myself to work, they were gone. About 4 years ago, my skips were so bad for about 3 days. (I knew I was in Bigem) I went to the ER...Nothing...Not a one!! I wore a holter monitor about 5 years ago, nothing. Then one day at work about 5 years ago (I work on a telemetry floor) I put myslf on the monitor when I was having what I thought was a bad day, and captured the little boogers...PVC's!!! I knew it!! I showed the strip it to one of the cardiologists on the floor and all  he said was "Look pumpkin, your having PVC's....That was it. He didn't seem concerned. So here I am up since 2am because my PVC's have been soooooo bad the last few months. They are relentless and nothing seems to help. Mag supplements, potassium supplements, even my Atenolol hasn't kept them at bay. I am ok if I am resting, but the minute I get up, I swear it feels like afib sometimes. I am under some stress lately. Taking care f an elderly father in law, big changes at work, but I usually keep my stress under control. Oh yea, did I mention I am also peri-menopausal?? Yup. But I  cant pinpoint what makes my arrhythmias better or worse now. It seems so random .I don't smoke, consume alcohol or even do caffeine. I have 0 tolerance for all 3. Big time triggers. I am at my witts end tonight. I have to go to work in a couple of hours. And of course lack of sleep makes them worse. The few times I went into what I think is SVT, I had jumped out of bed fast from a sound sleep. My longest episode lasted 40 minutes. This morning it lasted about 10. I did the Valsalva maneuver and took 12,5 mg of Atenolol. That seems to help. But the PVC's remain. And during my SVT storm, I felt each and every PVC. I wouldn't mind a handful of them a day, but there are days that I am in Bigem all day long!!. Count it out. That would be an average of 30 PVC's per minute. In 24 hours that is over
40,000 PVC's. That cant be normal. And my quality of life is affected. I have been forum hopping for years just for relief and it does relieve me to know that I am not alone. I am finally going for a full cardiac workup. I am not feeling so well the past couple of days. No appetite, bundle of nerves. Kinda feels like PMS, But who knows as starting in July, my periods have been irregular. I have also heard that hormones play a big part in throwing your cardiac rhythm off. Hell I am a registered nurse and hear so many conflicts on this. I don't know what to believe. I just want relief. The day that my PVC's cease...I would be a different person. So if my echo and stress test come out OK, that would be a bit of a relief for me as well. My fear is I cant tolerate a lot of meds. I tried Toprol XL once and it made me sick. Atenolol seems to work for me but in low doses, otherwise my BP drops to low and I feel wiped out. Well It is time for me to get ready for work. Thanks for letting me vent. As many forums I have read over the years over and over again, this is the first time I am replying.  It is comforting to know I am not alone.
I'm so sorry you're going through all this.  I had SVT confirmed with EP study and have runs of it along with PVCs.
I found that GERD was triggering it.  Stress triggers GERD (I take aciphex) and GERD triggers SVT/PVCs.  Then I get more stressed from the arrhythmia and the cycle continues.  I'm now on a GERD diet but can get SVT simply from drinking a glass of room temperature water.
My former EP guy prescribed Sectral because it's the one beta blocker that helps PVCs.  I also take Xanax for anxiety and have been taking magnesium for over 20 years (recommended by a cardiologist.)
Have you explored food triggers and eating triggers?

I cannot even describe how much I can relate to your posts. Please, if you are still on this site, reply or message me. I have some information I would like to share with you regarding an illness I was diagnosed with last year. It is very poorly recognized by medical professionals. I was misdiagnosed for six years.

Thank you, and best regards.

Brandi