recovery period for cyroablation

I had my cryoablation just over two weeks ago (26 June 2013). I was fine for the first 5 days (only one small afib). Since 4 July 2013, I was getting a lot of afibs, skipped beats and palps per day.

Just wondering if the cyroablation has failed :( as I was feeling great for the first 5 days, but since 4 July 2013 my symptoms are actually far worse than before my ablation.

Thank you in advance.

K
Please discuss all symptoms with your ablation doctor, and cardiologist too.

I understand that cyro rather than burning heals faster, but I also understand it takes more than a month for healing in the heart.  

I have read similar stories of better, than worse, and go on to better, even well.

Good luck, and discuss with your doctor(s).
Thanks, Jerry.

I've just spoken to my cardiologist and they told me my symptoms will last for 3-4 weeks, and maybe upto 3 months!

i just hope it's 3-4 weeks as my symptoms are now getting a bit worse and frequent (more afibs, skipped beats - sometimes constant every day!).
Are you on any medications?  A lower dose beta blocker may help.. but that like all medications are a double edge, they have some side effects that for some are worse than the symptom they are trying to relieve.

If you symptoms continue to be troubling ask you doctor is there is something he can  prescribe to lessen your symptoms.  

I take a beta blocker to lower my heart rate, and it works for me with mild side effects.  My high HR is driven by atrial fibrillation.  The beta blocker does nothing (that I know of) to change the AFib, but it does lower my ventricle HR.
I do not have experience with afib but had avnrt ablated a few years back and had constant all day long ectopic beats for quite some time afterwards. Ablations really rile up the heart so it is normal to have a lot of jumpiness so I would not so much worry about those but I have heard it can take a while for the afib to completely stop until the scars have formed properly.  Try to take some time to do some sort of relaxing techniques like yoga or meditation to see if you can calm your heart and self a bit and ease up the symptoms.  It may not go away but could help you to get through this rough after ablation period.  From what I understand yoga and meditation relaxation do help people with afib in general so worth a shot either way.  Stay strong and feel better soon.
Hi Jerry - yes, I'm taking bisoprolol (2.5mg). My heart rate is more stable now (thank God!). No more constant irregular pattern. It's regular, but I do have some skipped beats, small afibs frequently and every minute, but it quickly reverts back into normal rhythm (if that makes sense!)..nothing like last week though that was scary...it was constantly irregular. My heart rate has slowed down, but doctor advised me to stay on bisoprolol for the next 4-5 weeks.

I just hope my symptom goes away soon.

Michelle - thanks for the reassurance. I'm hoping it is recovery - I understand that the cardiologist has been plogging at my heart, and the recovery period can be 3-4 weeks, but it's scary! Sometimes, I now get a rush of blood to my head and it feels like my heart has stopped, but then it starts beating again :(