Heart Rhythm Community
sinus arrhythmia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

sinus arrhythmia

i have been told i have sinus arrhythmia im only 22 and understand that this is quiet normal but i have been prescribed trazadone 150 mg at night and 50 mg in the day for my server anxiety  and was just wondering if it safe to take with this problem thank you
are you sure the anxiety isnt causing the arrhythmia?

trazadone is an anti depressant used for anxiety and antidepresants can cause irregular heart beat in some people.

what arrhythmia did the doctor say you have?
if he hasnt put you on any medication for the arrhythmia?
if the arrhythmia goes whilst taking this drug then it is more than likely anxiety induced
not sure, they didnt say what arrhythmia it was. i was taken into hospital for chest pains i had all the test my bloods were fine, just said i had sinus arrhythmia which is a normal arrhythmia and sent me home. i havent taken any trazodone yet im to afraid in case it cause more problems. the didnt give me any medication
i went to a and e once because i was having weird heart beats which were just pvcs caused by anxiety.

because my heart rate was up often my doctor agreed to put me on beta blocker propanolol they help ease the anxiety too and take away the shakey (shaky) hands and feeling of being on the edge, you maybe better off seeing your doctor and having a word  with him/her.

i tried one anti d and i had these weird burning pains in the back of my head, i only had one and didnt take anymore, but that may not happen to you you may not even get any side effects, i must say normally on anti d we start off on a low dose like 10 mg then over the weeks increase it to 20mg if needed, 150 will cause some side effects thats a high dose to start on.

you havent got to take the meds you can do it alone like i have but it takes times and so it takes weeks for anti d to kick in
You can relax and completely forget the heart issue (at least try).

Sinus arrhythmia is not a heart disease/disorder. Sinus arrhythmia is a sign of good heart health!!

Sinus arrhythmia = the heart speeds up while you inhale and slows down while you exhale. When you inhale, you increase the chest pressure and blood is pushed down in your heart. If you have sinus arrhythmia, the nervous system speeds up the heart rate sufficient to handle the increased blood flow. If you don't, the heart must work harder with each heart beat, causing an increased blood pressure.

Be happy you have sinus arrhythmia! Work with your anxiety, but forget your heart :)
As posted above: a sinus arrhythmia is perfectly NORMAL. When a person breathes in and out the heart rate increases and decreases in kind. Some people, not all, will show this on an EKG. The heart itself is perfectly fine. Chest pains in someone your age, caused by the heart, would be extrememly rare, especially if you are a woman due to your hormones which are there to protect your heart during childbearing years. True heart related chest pain is caused by a lack of bloodflow to the heart muscle. At your age that would probably be a result of a rare form of Congenital Heart Disease. Obviously, you would've already been aware of that, especially as it would've had to progress to the point of the lack of bloodflow.
to my knowledge my heart is fine never had any problems until now the chest pain are sharp stabbing like pain which is made worse when i breath in during a attack it can last from a few seconds to a few minuets about once a week maybe 2-3 times a day right in the center on the left side and underneath my left breast the pain on a scale of 1-10 is a 10. it worries me because my brother died of ischemic heart disease at 34 and my mother died of a heart attack at 64 both heavy smoker. i to smoke about 10 a day im not over weight but dont exercise that much im getting fed up now as every time im taken to hospital the pains are gone they alway do the same test which come back normal which is great but i im still none the wises to what is actual going on any suggestions please
echoing what has already been said.  Sinus Arrhythmia is completely normal.  It's actually better than normal, you want to observe sinus arrhythmia!!  As we age it declines.  I'm 42 and was HAPPY when they told me that they observed this on my EKG!  I'm running around my house telling my wife AH HAH, the EKG noted sinus arrhythmia, I'm still young!

for now :-)

Sorry about your anxiety.  I had that too at one point during my life.  I tend to get preachy about it.  I will try not to.  The best advise I have for it is that there are plenty of things to do and try to make it better.  Just keep trying and do the work.  During the darkest time for me I didn't think it would ever get better but it did.
If you have a family history of ischemic heart disease (sorry to hear about your brother and mother by the way...), the first and most important thing you should do is quit smoking!

Chest pain from angina should not be located to the left (it's located in center of chest). Get your cholesterol levels measured, though, if you haven't already.

I think you'll be fine with some lifestyle changes. Quit smoking, start exercising, and the anxiety will go away when you see how well the body works after some time.

Good luck!