sinus tach & shaking during sleep-Afib???
Every night I wake upo repeatedly shaking (maybe just internally) with my heart just racing.  I also get tachycardia during the day.  This is really driving me crazy!!!!  I am on beta blockers for the last month, but now they are not helping at all.  I am wondering if my heart is in afib.  What does it feel like?  If I get a holter monitor, will afib show on it?
Yes, a holter monitor will/should show AFib, so will an EKG if you are in AFib at the time of the test.

Most people (I do at least) find AFib to be subtle,  that is I feel no shaking and am in fact not explicitly aware of it most of the time, even when at rest and in bed.  AFib does affect me in other ways, and the beta blocker used to control my average HR lowers my BP too much.  

You do need to go forward with medical attention to identify your problem, you nights sound to be real rough and you don't want to let that continue.
Thank you for your reply.  I also have problems with low blood pressure being on beta blockers, but I'm still taking them. (I'm not really sure if I should).  I don't know why I think that afib is so scary, you seem to be o.k.  I guess I don't know much about it. I have a doctor's appt. today and I will ask to get the holter monitor asap.
Thanks again,
The main fear with AFib/Flutter is the increased possibility of developing a blood clot, one that causes a stroke.  The safeguard for this concern is taking an anticoagulant (coumadin/warfarin).  This stuff has some down sides and some people can't take it.  

If you are not on coumadin, I recommend you take an aspirin every day if your stomach can take it.  Here's something else to talk with your doctor about if you haven't already had the conversation.   I'd self prescribe aspirin, maybe a small dose is best, I simply split a regular aspirin myself, and take 1/2 per day.