skipped beats and tachycardia after ablation
I had a catheter ablation for avnrt 5 weeks ago.  I am still experiencing occasional skipped beats and also some rapid beats (2-8 in a row) that feel like the old svt. These rapid beats occur about every other day.  Today I also felt several irregular beats before starting into several seconds of what felt like svt. Is this normal?    Could the irregular beats have been several skipped beats in a row?   They only lasted a few seconds, but I had an episode of a-fib a few weeks before the ablation, which the ep felt was probably caused by the svt, so I am worried that the short irregular beats could have been a-fib again. I know that skipped beats and rapid heart beats can occur for a few weeks after the ablation, but I'm getting concerned that this is going on too long.
I don't guess there's any rhyme or reason to any of this.  I had an ablation 1 1/2 yrs ago for a-fib.  For 3 mo. after I was in almost constant a-fib, finally 400 mg a day of flecainide for another 3 mo. stopped it.  Then after a few mo. of feeling relatively normal I started having hr long atrial tachycardia episodes.  Rather run to the ER my EP suggested a Toprol followed by 300 mg flecainide 30 min. later (as a pill in a pocket)  That worked a few times, then I didn't have any episodes of anything for about 3 mo.  I felt great!  Then 2 weeks ago, going through stressful time.....I went into a-fib out of the blue for 3 days straight and now I've had 3 days in and out of tachycardia ( 90% in it)  Go figure.  So it really can last days....or forever.
I hope it does get better and better as time goes by. Does the atenolol make you feel weird? My blood pressure has always been pretty low. Im afraid it might make it drop too low. My doctor is not really concerned about it. I have tried it for short times. I have taken small doses. I took 12.5 mg and it worked well in the past, but yesterday it didnt seem to help.  
Thanks again. I am a real wimp. This is the only medical problem I have ever had. I always avoided the doctor. I try to stay calm, but every so often I start to worry again. I keep thinking of getting them ablated also, but I dont want to go through that again. I dont even think my doctor would even do it. I would have to go elswhere. Too soon to worry about that though. I may be getting a 30 day monitor soon. The doctor said he would give it to me if I wanted.
Fitty....I'm a wimp too!
It's been 4 weeks since myablation. I was given an 80% chance of success and unfortunately the day after I went into SVT.  Luckily that's been the only episode I've had, but I never got them that frequently anyway.

I feel I'm back to normal now, no arrythmias but psycologically it's still  hard. I still wonder if I'll be getting an SVT at any time which is a shame as the main reason I wantd an ablation was to feel completely normal.

One thing that's weird though and that some have mentioned is trying to get to sleep...as I drift off I sometimes get like an 'electric shock' fizz in my head which suddenly wakes me up. It's not painful or anything, just weird and annoying as I just want to fall asleep.Anyone had this? Could it be related to my recent ablation?
I actually had something simular happen last night. My heart was beating really hard when I went to bed also . This was a new thing for me. I did have trouble sleeping for at least a month after the procedure. I had PVCs and anxiety. I also felt a fizzly feeling in my chest a few which I had never felt before. For my whole life when I felt weird things it was almost always followed by SVT so I think it will take a long time for people to accept that nothing is gonna happen. I think it comes and goes as you heal. I had them really bad about the first 3 weeks and then not hardly at all for a few weeks and then they came back. Then I had a good week and then a 5 day run of pvcs all day a couple times a minute and then noting for a few days. My doc gave me a 97% chance of cure. He is really experienced and used to be at Stanford University so I figure he knows. Fortunately so far no SVT.
Also psychologically my GP told me that people who have heart issues even ones like this often experience a type of post traumatic stress syndrome. It takes time to start to trust your heart again.
I totally agree with your GP Fitty. it's been 4 weeks since my ablation and it's only know that I feel happy talking about it. I've never been so terrified in my life. Having SVT has been lifechanging and even though I'm doing absolutely fine I have moments where i just wish I could rewind my life to before my heart troubles

I've had a bit of trouble with sleep too, something new to me. Once I'm asleep I'm fine but it takes me a long time to fall asleep and sometimes my  heart will race a bit. But it's less than 4 weeks for me so I suppose that's normal.
I'm keeping a positive outlook and I am going to start meditation classes next week:) Anything to learn to relax!

These electric fizzes are strange aren't they! I've told my husband and he's looked at me like I'm mad!
Glad you've not had any SVT:)
The fizz for me is the pause after a pvc or pac.  It will sometimes feel more pronounced when I have a couple of pvcs close together.  I can't say that is what you all are feeling for sure since you can only really tell by catching it on a montior but I suspect it is likely what you are also feeling.  Your health choices can only be made by you but just to forewarn you, ablations for svts are generally fairly low risk with high results except for maybe afib.  There is a higher incidence of reoccurance with that svt.  That said, ablations for ectopics whether pacs or pvcs are a mixed bag.  From what I have read it is really hit or miss whether they will be eliminated in the first place, there tends to be a higher incidence of reoccurance probably around the same scale as afib, and in some instances it can create more problems.  From what my doctor stated he wouldn't even consider an ablation unless someone was having at least 20,000 a day.  Basically for any ablation to be successful the EP needs to activate the problem long enough for them to map the problem.  If they can't then they won't know where to ablate.  I don't necessarily say this to talk you out of pursuing one but to caution you to not rush into one out of fear without giving your body a chance to heal.  Really, hang in there.  Things will get better.  Stay strong.
Thanks Michelle. The nurse at the cardiologist office also told me that even if they can ablate them every cell in your heart is capable of conducting a current and under stress you could easily develope a new one. I guess I will just take an atenolol today since I was up most of the night with them last night and need a break.
When you took the atenolol did the side effects subside after a little while or did you ever have any?
When I started on the atenolol I was extremely tired for the first couple of days, but after that I adjusted and have not noticed any side effects.  I take 25 mg once a day and my doc recommended that I take it in the evening when I first started it, so that if I became fatigued it would hit right around bedtime.  So when I first started it, I would take it around 7:30 pm and was ready to fall asleep standing up by about 9:30!  But the effects would wear off by the time I would get up in the morning so the timing was perfect.  Maybe I was lucky, but those side effects diminished in about a week.  I still take the atenolol before bed just in case it would make me tired, but I am always fine the rest of the day.  My resting heart rate is definitely slower and it doesn't get as high as it used to during exercise which I suppose would be a problem if I was a serious athlete but I'm not :)
My blood pressure is also lower and I don't feel as much adrenaline as I used to when I am feeling tense.  So I guess those would be considered good side effects!
Sounds good to me. I took one today and then I started to feel anxious. I got in bed and rested and now I feel better. I think it was the lack of sleep from last night. I dont want to start taking it every day until after I get the event monitor. I cant take it while on that. If that shows nothing dangerous over a month I will feel a lot better about ignoring it. Good thing Im off today. I can handle a week of drowsiness if it will get better. Thanks again
I am 1½ years out from an ablation for SVT and still have some jumps and bumps that feel like the old SVT starting up again. Fortunately it stops there. 5 weeks out is such a short time to evaluate anything, your heart is still settling down and healing the burns on your heart.

Rest up and try to understand that this process takes time, a lot of it!
I do have to tell you Barbie, Even though I am having the PVCs like crazy I am so much better than I was for a while after my ablation. Mentally I am so much better. It just takes time and rest. I took it easy for a while. I had a hard time falling asleep and then woke up early with anxiety for about 6- 8 weeks. That was exhausting. Now I can usually sleep 8 hours straight. It takes time.
I'm trying to take it as easy as I can. I couldn't sleep last night, it was probably 1.30 am by the time I fell asleep. My heart was fast abou t93 beats per minute which I don't think is dangerous but it meant I couldn't relax and fall asleep. So I'm knackered today:( Luckily the kids are at school and I'm not working at the moment so I can have a nap after lunch.

Thanks for reminding me that things take time and 4 weeks post ablation is still early days
My AVNRT was around 240 bpm when I had it. My heart rate was over 100 all the time for a couple of months after my ablation. On Atenolol it would go down to like 90-95. It is because the heart is traumatized. I know it seems like forever, but it will get better.
Thanks fitty. Poor you having such a high heart rate for a couple of months. But at least I've found out that it's normal to have a fast heart for a while. My cardiologist didn't mention it so I was beginning to worry until I came on here and found out that most people experience this.
Your ablation was for AVNRT right? Did you ever have runs of bigeminy after your ablation? Did they make you faint or did you feel ok besides the anxiety? I think this might be what Im experiencing and Im afraid I might get faint at work if it happens and wont stop. I stand all day. I dont get the montitor for 4 more days and Im anxious. I will need to stop the Atenolol while I wear it so they can get it.
Hey everyone.  I'm reading through this trail of comments dating back to 2010.  My story is very similar to many of you here - I'm 38 and healthy.  About a year ago, however, I started having SVT episodes.  Three of them seemed triggered when I bent over to pick something off the ground.  Three more thereafter that seemed triggered by palpitations.  Same events as many of you:  saw a cardiologist, had a range of tests done which concluded no heart issues, wore an event monitor which caught the SVT (AVNRT).  EP recommended ablation procedure, saying it was the best way to go, as meds are not great at solving the issue.  Had the ablation three months ago, and since then, thankfully no SVT, BUT, very frequent and concerning palpitations (PVCs), more than I've ever had before.  I've since worn a holter and an event monitor, and have been told by the EP that the PVCs are benign because of no underlying heart condition.  Unfortunately, I feel almost all of them, and on  bad days (which are most) every 3-5 beats.  I can't help but think these PVCs are as a result of the ablation.  EPs say there is no connection whatsoever.  I could use some reassurance that this has happened to some of you who've had the same procedure for SVT/AVNRT, and that these go away eventually.  Perhaps the heart is resetting itself after the procedure?  Very disturbing to have so many PVCs.  I feel like one problem was solved, but a bigger one was created.  Thoughts?  Advice?  Thanks.  
Good day, I also had an ablation last year, 6th of May. After ablation all were well and I was feeling no pain or anything else. Six weeks after I had a stress test and unfortunately the VT was still there. However, I have no PVC's. Note that the VT was only occuring on exercise or when I was trying to do something really fast. I was 39 when I did the ablation and was exercising a lot. One day at the gym I pressed my self really hard and had a pre fainting event. Runned to ER, I was checked all was okay. However, since that day my brain cannot disconnect from my heart and ablation. I was placed on ConCor 2.5 mg but had site affects. Then I had another stress test with VT still being there. As some point I stopped ConCor and after that I started having PVC's which upset my life. I am sure you also feel the same disturbing feeling. After some time I had another stress test which suprisingly showed better results !! VT was there however asymptomatic !! I decided to take no medication until one day I had strange event with my pressure dropping and after that again PVCs. I was placed on Isoptin 120mg. For some time I was havign PVCs but recently they stopped. I decided to have another ablation with the hope that the problem will be eliminated. As note to all one night that I was feeling that I was having VT when I visited my GP he told me I had Gastritis which can create symptoms like a VT !!! I believe heart needs time to adjust. For me initially it was easy then it developed to anxiety something which I am trying to deal with at the moment. Reading all the experiences in this forum I feel more confident that I am not alone and other people have similar experiences.
I just had an ablation for AVNRT this June of 2013.  I have been going through almost the exact same thing as you described.  Almost every day I have a few short runs of SVT.  Some are even a couple of minutes.  It's not as fast as it was before the ablation, but it is just as uncomfortable.  At the ER they said it looked like sinus tach.  The EP says it is hard to tell at this point and we are waiting to see if it subsides.  It's 6 weeks since I had it and so far it's not getting better.  I almost regret having it done.  So I'm wondering if you have seen any improvement since you posted a year ago.  I would love some encouragement.
Hang in there.  I had shorts runs of SVT along with skips for almost a year and a half.  I still get an occasional brief run of SVT; perhaps 6-12 beats.  Remember, the path is still there and that it has only had a barrier placed across it.  If the path isn't totally severed or if conductive muscle forms over the barrier, you can get it again.  But for now, you need to give it lots more time.
I am 25 and i had ablation 3 years ago for af.I had 2 times 24h holter and it was ok with no af but 1-2 svt (117 beats max and 67 beats min).I worry if my af will come back because yesterday i felt my heart racing while sitting.i check my heart rate with blood pressure monitor and it didnt detect af only 115 beats.Its awful because each time i feel my heart rate increase i panic and the things may get worst because i am full of stress.
Any advice is welcome.
I understand the incidence of afib coming back is a bit higher than other svts but the worse thing you can do is stress out.  The stress itself may be causing the tachycardia.  I would say try to avoid the main triggers like caffeine or sugary foods as well if you have any stomach issues like acid reflux address those and do whatever you need to do to address stress in your life because it very well is contributing to your symptoms.  Finally do your best to keep your heart healthy with diet and exercise and you in the minimum strengthen your ability to tolerate what is going on.  I wish you the best moving forward.  Try to stay positive and focused on your heart remaining afib free.  You might also want to post your questions to a new thread because sometimes these older threads do not get answered as people have moved on.  Take care.

So happy there are others our there that have these issues.  I have had 2 ablations in the last 4 years (one for SVT s) and the last one for ectopics.  No more SVT episodes but the ectopics are daily and nightly!  Make me crazy and very hard to get to sleep. You are not alone.  Go to my EP in a couple of days.  Let's support each other .Thanks!
The anxiety following an ablation is very real and probably not good for the heart but is almost impossible to prevent.  Every little bump or flutter has you thinking the whole thing has failed.  You find yourself constantly checking your pulse and thinking - oh no!  My first ablation did fail almost immediately but this second one, two weeks ago, has been steady sinus since it was done, but it doesn't stop me checking and worrying.  How long before you can say it is successful?
So happy to find you and others that share these heart issues. Yes, the gastritis/GERD/reflux/hernia connection is really true! Went to my EP and he said I was having alot of PAC s only. I said good but I am tired of them EVER
Y day and night. He gave me a new med to try(really for angina) and I am not sure I will try.  I am so against heart meds as I read they either do not work or cause other heart problems. He also offered to try another ablation!  That would be 3! I fight off depression as I dream of my life before any ectopics:)  Keep in touch.  
I found this searching in Internet for an answer. I had the ablation for AFib  in June 26th 2013 and I was well  having some little tachs sometimes till they put me the monitor (Lifewatch) to see if I could leave the anticoagulant. But then, in the last week I began to feel arrhythmia in the nights, while sleeping, I spent almost completely two nights without sleep because any time it began again. I trasmitted and they told me it was not that bad, some AFIB very brief, and other were PVCs. The process to form the scarr  is supposed to be 3 months, although some sites say 'FEW MONTHS'. I am worried that may be the ablation was not a complete but a partial success. Now I see that you and others have troubles in the night too. As they told me it was not that bad (the EKG) I decided to trasmit only once and then not to worry and continue sleeping and I did it last night
I had my ablation five months ago and everything went fine until this ladt month. Started getting skip beats and today I had a run of about an hour with a heart rate of 108. Heart feeld very much out of rythm to me but my rate is in the 70s. Im scared to death, frustrated. I goy pneumonia while I was in the hospital and had a very rough recovery.
I had an ablation for AVNRT 2 years ago.  Took a while to get the rhythm back to some type of normal.  I have been very athletic my entire life.  I'm 57 years old and still question why and how this crap hit me.  I have recently developed a "skip session", but keep reading its a normal thing.  My rested heart rate is in the low 50s, so I guess that's why it's such a "pronounced" feeling.  PA told mevthatits partly caused
Sorry....typing on this damn phone!!;). ...partly caused by the electrical impulse trying to rebuild its old short circuit, so to speak.  Yes, it makes me nervous at times and would like to stop it.  But the great pert is the SVT is completely gone.  I'll keep you guys up on how my ticker keeps beating.  Good luck and keep up your cardio
I had an ablation 8 days ago.  After 12 years, they finally caught my problem on an EKG during a stress test.  I went in with the doctor looking for the area causing VT.  He zeroed in on it and ablated 3-4 times over that area, and could not induce the rhythm an hour after the last burn.  While he was trying to induce me for VT, my heart went into SVT.  He found an area close to a node and ablated that as well.  For the past three nights I have been having what I -think- are PACs or PVCs.  Rate is nice and low, but every beat (or every other beat) feels like it is skipping or something.  It will go on literally all night.  I can change position and they will stop for about a minute, then continue on their merry way.  I honestly don't think I have them during the day- I feel no weird beats.  Only at night!  Anyone have any insight to this?  I called my doc and he is not concerned, feels this is part of the healing process and tells me it could continue into December, but should decrease in frequency.  He offered to do a holter to give me peace of mind, but I said if he is okay with not doing one then I am too.  Any insight from others?
I think it varies a lot from person to person.  But I think everyone has some sort of arrhythmia following the procedure.  Mine was for SVT, and afterwards, I had almost daily short runs SVT; perhaps 6-10 beats.  I too had PVC's following mine, but not to the degree of what you're describing.  These little "blips" lasted for over a year before subsiding.  It will take a long time before it begins to settle down.
Had a afib ablation on 31 st Oct and 3 days later AF came back with pulse 146. went in had it cardioverted and now normal for 1 wk. Heart rate going back up on double the drugs that I was before, clearly hasn't worked. see cardiologist next wk. fed up had AF 14 yrs and still keeps coming back . Christine

PS Took 4 hrs procedure hit 15 burns tut tut
I had a cryoablation about seven weeks ago. The Doctor told me that everything went well. All four of my veins had alot of activity in them. He killed all the activity and now I just needed to wait for the scaring to take hold and let the heart simmer down. For the first six weeks everything went pretty smooth. Except for a few short 8 to 10 second runs all was well. This last week was a little tough. Had two episodes of what I think were Afib. But they weren't nearly as intense as before the ablation. And I was able to get them to convert by themselves. This never happened before. I am also having alot of palpitations that start at night. But they go away in the morning. Just hanging in there and putting in my time. Enjoying all the hours when things are good and looking forward to the day when it all settles down.
I am posting this since I had episodes of Afib I think my whole life (thought it was just  my heart beating funny) and was finally diagnosed in November 2013 at the age of 48.  I decided to go the catheter ablation route since I am a runner and work out and was afraid of meds. About 8 weeks after the ablation, I developed atrial tachycardia which was not picked up until 3 months later after my follow up with the electrophysiologist.  Of course I was upset thinking the ablation did not work. Doc decided to put me on Cardizem since I had been dealing with high blood pressure of and on as well.  After being on Cardizem for 4 months, I have definitely noticed a decrease in palpitations, and after reading other posts, I do think it takes more time for the heart to heal for some people. I was still getting some episodes of tachycardia even on the Cardizem for awhile (although much milder) and now I am not noticing them much at all anymore.  So I am thinking positively that the medication and healing process after the surgery has helped.  And to think in the beginning, I was afraid to take Cardizem because of side effects and basically have had none.  i just want my message to get out there, since I was so scared for months after the ablation and was paranoid about every heartbeat to the point where I was getting panic attacks.  I think once you are diagnosed with a heart arrythmia, you do have to mentally adjust to it and not get overwhelmed, but it is a difficult process.  My thoughts go out to all of you who have been through this.
  I noticed since the weather is getting hotter, my heart beat seems different than it did last year. I had an ablation in April, I am still taking atenlol.  When I say different I mean harder.  Can anyone confirm this feeling?  Thanks NMR
I had an ablation for AVNRT in Feb 2015. I felt great until a few weeks ago (beginning of June) when I began experiencing crazy skipped beats that would run for 10-20 secs and come back every 15 minutes or so.  One night, I felt them while I was sleeping and went into SVT which lasted a few minutes and stooped on its own.  They sent me an event monitor and one day it was so bad I called the EMT's who took me to the ER and of course after 5 hours it never showed up on an EKG and never came back.  I did catch one on the event monitor and they said it was PVC's and PAC's and nothing to worry about.  Noting to worry about?  I felt like I was going to pass out when I get them.  I never had this before the ablation! I'm still on the event monitor and have had several episodes. I see my cardio on Wed, and I'm not happy.  How have you made out since this post?
Allena, I am new to the community, just had my ablation two days ago for SVT. I am experiencing the same thing, several skipped beats throughout the day. What I think is worth noting is that I notice them more when I am sitting reading, or working on the computer, or lying down trying to rest or sleep -- and I think it's just because at that moment I am more hyperfocused on my heart during this quiet time. So while I'm home resting post-procedure, I am also trying to keep busy and keep my mind off of it. The dr. office says this is normal, as does everyone else on this forum -- which is so reassuring!! We need to give it some time, and try to stay positive. I'm suggesting this to myself as much as I am to you :)
OK I see her comment was back from Oct 2014, oops :)
Congrats on your ablation. Yes, it's very common to experiences skips and short runs of SVT during the recovery process, and may last up to a year or so.
I had my 3d ablation (2 for AF and 1 for flutter) 7 months ago Jan 15, 2015.  Had plenty of AF episodes for 3 months after the procedure then things calmed down and I stayed in sinus rhythm for 2 months.  After some very salty food and some excitement I went in to what my E.P. doc calls "Interventional Tachycardia".  The main problem is that I could resolve my AF in an hour with Flecainide.  The "Interventional tachycardia" will not self resolve and requires cardioversion and overnight in the hosp.( Arrrrrrgh!!)
I have been in sinus rhythm with skipped beats PACs etc. for a month now.  Has anyone heard of this term or know anything about prognosis with this??  Can't get much of an answer from the EP docs.
Thank goodness for this forum. I had an AV node ablation 18 years ago after 20 years of SVT flecanide; atenalol etc. The minute after the ablation i had my first mini "heart do" which felt like a minor SVT after a couple of months I saw a very unhelpful consultant who told me that I could continue to medicate if I like but it wouldn't get me anywhere! He said that they can't zap all of the electrical pathways so you're always going to have issues. Thanks that's really nice to know. Over the last 18 years I've had episodes of mini SVT usually due to caffeine or stress but literally the last couple of weeks have been very difficult. I am experiencing skipped beats which then seem to overcompensate with a big one and then it beats normally until the next jump every 7 beats or so. It's really bad this evening and making me feel light headed and queasy. For the first time in my life though, someone (my husband) actually felt the jump this evening as soon as he put his fingers to my neck. I was so glad because it feels like noone takes me seriously. He's concerned now and wants to know whether to take me to the hospital but I said it's not life threatening but I really don't know what to do anymore. I'm just so glad that the internet has given me the opportunity to connect with others who have the same thing but may have had more up to date treatment. Any suggestions gratefully received.
I also had an ablation done, but about 3, almost 4 years ago. I have been having irregular heartbeats the last month or so. I am not sure if it is due to stress, because I definitely have been under a lot of stress lately. Is this normal or is it something I should have checked out by a doctor?
You didn't say what kind of irregular beats you're experiencing, or what your ablation was for.  But if you're feeling PVC's and PAC's, "skips", they may not be associated with your electrophysiology procedure.
I still feel like the heart is hiccupping on a daily basis. No afib but of course I have anxiety if it is doing any damage. Had ablation in april. Feel like it was a success. Usually notice it laying still get that feeling like its trying to go into afib but it doesnt. Do you think this is still part of the healing process?
Yes! My EP has me convinced that it's a long process. The healing part especially if they were able to get down and dirty with the problem and nail the source. Basically they told me my heart is pissed! Hang in there I am....mine was 11/23/15
just done ablation for my svt at 1st June 2016, but still have sinus tachycardia (heart rate 90-110), i go consult ep that he said my ecg is normal and no need take any medicine, just let my heart heal itself...i just hope my ablation is successfull and i can recover quickly....really trauma of svt....
I had my ablation in October for SVT, it solved that issue but I had 4 other arrythmias that the doctor says I can never get all of them fixed. Since then if I just normally walk across the room, my heart immediately goes from 75 to 110-115 and neither of my cardiologists say they don't know why? Does anyone have this similar issue?
I am 44, and hanot an ablation a month ago for a fib and arrythmia. They said during a sonogram that my heart was strong. The Cardiologists I saw put me on propranolol. I still feel palpations and what feels like irregular heartbeats, when I lay down.I've been in and out of the ER, because of my anxiety. My bp goes up. This is scary. I also developed anxiety from this, but im trying to remain positive and hoping for the best. Good luck to everyone.
I am 36 and just had an ablation for SVT done on 11/2/16. My follow up is next week and hopefully I will know then what type of SVT I had and how many burns the Dr did, etc. I have had palpitations since childhood. They would always come and go and usually were not bothersome. I was always able to deal with them. Then 2 years ago when pregnant with my 2nd child my heart went crazy! HR so fast and irregular, my RT husband couldn't even count it. I went to the ER and it was in the 220s and they couldn't break me. Gave me adenosine, which feels awful btw, and that didn't work.  I ended up in A-fib. Eventually, they broke it with calcium channel blockers and lots of metoprolol.  I have had so many holters and echos and EKGs and noone ever had an answer for these palpitations that would happen whenever they wanted to rear their ugly head. I avoided the EP bc I was so afraid of doing the EP study. Well, I stopped running and saw the EP and he told me I have been having SVT my whole life and eventually it would just get worse, be unpredictable,  and one day cause me to pass out. So, I decided to have the ablation and try to fix it while it would still be "easy". Well, my recovery has been up and down. Palpitations and HRs varying from 60-140, and days where I felt perfect. Its been an emotional rollercoaster. Unless you experience these types of sensations and rhythms, you can't understand the stress, anxiety, fear, panic, frustration, loneliness, and worry it causes. I  try to tell myself it's not life threatening and it will be over soon but it still scares the crap outta me!! Im trying to stay positive that the ablation has worked. I really don't want to go through that again. Sorry for the long post. It's nice to vent to people who know what it is like to live with this condition. Makes me feel less alone.
I had the same issue and was in the ER 4 times-they changed my medication.
Hey, although a bit too late but I wounldn't mind sharing my part. I'm 22 male and I've been dealing with PSVT for over 3 years now. I finally got the courage up to do an ablation, and did it two days ago. The results came in, typical AVNRT. The electrophysiologist said it was a success, but I need to take Metoprolol (beta-blocker) for 3 months following the ablation. However, since the day of ablation I'm having bouts of PACs/PVCs (not sure which one but from 3 years of experience I assume it's PVC), they weren't as many before. Some of your comments regarding the heart's healing process and its accompanying friends (skipping beats) were so reassuring. I'm going to keep a positive attitude and continue taking the beta blocker until the termination date comes and see what happens then. I really relate to all of you who are dealing with the stress and anxiety that this bothersome little spoiled child (palpitation) is causing. It isn't easy not to panick when your heart is racing so fast that it feels like you might fly off to meet your maker any seconds :D Anyways, just wanted to say that you're not alone and there are a tons of good people out there fist-fighting with this little bas**rd. Try to keep a good perspective (I know that it isn't easy) and please leave a comment and encourage others who walking with us in this path. It can help a lot. Thanks. Will keep you posted