slow heart rate and anxiety
Hi, I am a 34 year old female. I have been obese my entire life and currently weigh 288. In the past two years I have lost about 55 lbs. I have been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and GERD. I get chest pains on the left side, feelings of difficulty of breathing, lightheaded, etc. My md sent me to a cardiologist last year to rule out heart related issues. I had a stress test and, EKG and echocardiogram done. Cardiologist stated that he considered my a low cardiac risk and test turned out good.  GI doctor diagnosed with with GERD and said that some of the chest pain my be due to muscluar issues due to my weight. Well, I have always had a low pulse rate around 55-60. I have noticed that when I am cold and tired, my pulse will drop to around 50, once it was 46. My medical doctor was not concerned. I recently started on klonopin for my anxiety. I have noticed that it does lower my blood pressure a little. I once took it and it was 90/50 which scared me. My normal is 115/74 ish.
The other day I felt very cold, tired and lightheaded and felt like I was going to pass out. I felt my pulse and it was slow. I am not sure if it was another anxiety attack or what. If someone has anxiety and worries about their pulse and blood pressure too much, can they actually make it go lower? Should I be worried about my low pulse rate and occasional low bp?
My pulse lowers with anxiety as well. I been dealing with tachycardia and the Dr all said it was caused by my anxiety but when I had panic attack my pulse went back to normal and acted more normal for a while. It seemed like adrenilin was helping me rather than causing my problem.

I asked a cardiologist about it and she sujested that maybe it because I was not breathing properly and lower oxygen was lowering my pulse. BUT who knows.

Personally I'm still currious about why anxiety has the oppersite reaction on me than most people.

You dont really talk about many symptoms so if your not having many I would not worry so much. Just keep an eye on what do you use to check your pulse.