slow heart rate high blood pressure
hi! is anyone out ther have experience a high blood pressure and slow heat rate? my bp is around 150 100 and my heat rate is at 60 or lower, i am taking metropolol 100mg and amlodipine. could anyone help? is this dangerous>but my ekg is sinus rhythm and normal in all. thanks.
Heart rate can vary a great deal depending on what you're doing, how much you've just eaten, whether or not you're dehyrated, etc. Normal resting heart rate, in my understanding, is generally considered to be 60-80 for adults.

A couple of questions--Are you taking any vitamins, minerals, or herbs? Have you had any heart procedures or surgeries in the past? How are you feeling with this blood pressure and heart rate? What does your pressure and your heart rate usually run? (This information will help us better answer your questions.)

My Dad recently went in to see his cardiologist. His blood pressure was 160/95 and his heart rate was 45. (Note that his situation is different from yours is in that he has chronic atrial fibrillation, which the EKG reconfirmed that day.) The doc asked if he was dizzy, etc. and said if the dizziness becomes a problem, they may have to discontinue the Coreg (beta blocker). Your doctor may need to adjust your medications.  

I would call your doctor and explain the situation, after rechecking your blood pressure. Meanwhile, it's important to do all you can to bring the pressure down--reduce caffeine, avoid the salt shaker, salty snack foods, and fried foods; reduce (or avoid) alcohol; cut down on smoking if you smoke; do deep breathing and try to reduce stress. Also, concentrate on eating fresh fruits and fresh vegetables (unless you've been told by your doctor or nurse not to), as they contain natural potassiumn which helps control blood pressure; also, fat-free yogurt or low fat milk have natural calcium, which helps with blood pressure. Good luck!