still having issues
hi had an ep study about a month ago. I am on betapace af 40mg bid.  My question is after a month I still feel bouts of skipped beats , times when my heart races and I got very. Dizzy again last week.  Shouldn't have all this stopped?   I went in for EKG couple weeks ago when I was having a problem but by the time I got in it was normal heart rate.   Anyone have suggestions or advice?

Susan
I was on betapace 160mg to keep me out of a-fib and to keep my heart rate down. It worked great for those purposes but I actually had an increase with the "skipped beats" such as pac's and svt. For the first month or two I felt like my heart was all over the place especially during exercise but it settled down after a while but still had bouts of it. I was on it for six months. It was the only medication that worked for me. But I had to quit it after six months because I had open heart surgery. On topril xl now and am having lots of complicated rhythm problems from the surgery.

Then only real way to catch those irregular rhythms is on some type of monitor - event or 24/48 hour. It's almost impossible to get it on an ekg if it is not constant.