Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
sudden racing of heart while resting

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

sudden racing of heart while resting

this all started about a month ago when i started feeling pains in my chest on my left side along with arm discomfort ,sweating....hear latly i have been getting some headaches as well ....i went to the er where they kept me for a day and ran tests . they said everythng seemed ok ...just said i had some heart pomputations .... since being release from the hospital  i can be sitting on the couch doing nothing at all and out of nowhere my heart will begin to race ,i'll strt to sweat and have all the same symptoms tht i had 1 month ago ,,,,, now its at the point where it does it everyday  at diffrent times ,and i also noticed tht the other day i had trouble swalliowing as if my throat was cloged ,,,,i have a echocardiagram scheduled and a stress test tomorrow ,,,but this is strteing to freak me out esp the racing of the heart and the pains tht come with it ... i am a 31 male and i have never had any health probs up untill this sudden  stuff
I think it is good that you are seeing doctors and are having the appropriate tests done.  Based on your age, I would expect all your tests to come back normal.  The symptoms you describe are very consistent with panic attacks and your age and gender are also appropriate for a first event.  My suggestion is to continue with the cardiac work up and if it is negative, like I think it will be, you should see your internist or family practice doctor to talk about treatments for panic attacks.  This usually includes medications and counseling.

I hope this helps.