svt ist or pots?
Hello there, i am a 24 yo female with normal heart structure.  I was standing talking to a coworker when my heart did an awful feeling like it was stopping and jumped into a 170 bpm rhythym. I only know this because i called 911 and they came very quickly. Got to er, doctors didnt seem very concerned...ran the normal tests, showed my potassium was a 3.1 and normally is a 3.7. Sent me on my way. Two weeks later i had another episode of the sudden fast heart rate preceeded by a palpitation, got to the hospital and said i had psvt. Well, that was what was put on my discharge paperwork.  Ive had several episodes since then but none like the first two, these ones are gradual, and happen especially if i am stressed or exerting myself. I have caught many of these on an event monitor,  saw my ep specialist and he said he didnt beleive i had an accesory pathway,  and mentioned innapropriate sinus tachycardia. I get a lot of pacs hardly any pvcs. They seem to be set off by eating sometimes.  I also get dizzy and tachy upon.standing. i havent worked in a month and a half and with the way i feel, i feel like i wont ever return to.work. i also get weird feelings in my heart , and my legs feel weird and weak. Any ideas? Im about to lose my mind. I am also not a good ablasion candadate because he thinks its ist.  And no.meds because my bp is too low. What to do???
I should mention my potassium is normal now.
IST is rare, so your odds of having some more common like SVT are in your favor. I'd talk to another electrophysiologist, get a second or perhaps a third opinion. I don't believe a formal diagnostic criteria exist for IST. Rather, all other possibilities are excluded; sort of a back door diagnosis.

Do go from a normal resting heart rate to this super fast pulse seemingly in an instant?  How do these episodes manifest themselves?
It depends, i know ive had svt twice. Started very suddenly and seemed to fizzle out at the emergency room. Other times, it just happens slowly and gradually i can feel it building up and i have to lay down very quickly and drink water or it becomes full blown. Im just so sick of this. :( he caught a few episodes on tape and said it was sinus rhythm just 160 bpm so thats where he came up with the ist. :(
SVT starts and stops on a dime.  It doesn't gradually build.  That said, I had instances where I could feel the SVT commence while I stll could feel a normal pulse underneath it. But within 10 seconds, the SVTwould completely take over. I hope you find an answer.  Don't give up!
Thank you, i had another strange episode today but im not sure if it was cardiac or.anxiety. i also get a lot of pacs, usually very mild like a small hiccup in my chest at the top part of my heart, but sometimes they happen a lot and are bothersome. I also have where i get my right ear pulsing to my hea
rtbeat a lot. :( any ideas??