Aa
A
A
Close
tachycardia and flying (traveling)
in about a month, i will be flying to paris (from ny). i have not been on a plane for 4 years, which was before i began having IST issues. should i be concerned about flying? i am on atenolol for the tachycardia, and i do not think i have blood pressure issues (i don't faint randomly or when standing) although it's on the low side sometimes. but i do have poor circulation, brought on, i think, by the atenolol. also, i am on birth control, which i know increases a chance of blood clots (but i am 20 and don't smoke, so i don't know if i am really at risk).

and thoughts/experiences/insight is appreciated!
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
612551 tn?1450025775
I think it is alright to fly on a commercial flight.  Stunt flying may be another matter : >)

I have AFib and have for years...and have done a lot of flying around the world, including Paris...never any problems for me.  

I am a male, so I can't testify to what affect birth control pills may or may not have, but I'd be surprised to read any concerns on that matter as well.

Enjoy Paris.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I had a-fib and flutter, was on Sotalol and birth control and had no problems ever with flying. Just remember to get up every once in awhile to stretch your legs.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
could it be hidden aniety  related??
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
thank you all for commenting. i am seeing my cardio and a gyno before i travel, and they will probably tell me the same things.

jimgreg, yes, probably. the fact that i have IST, PVCs, just an hypersensitivity of my heart  makes me anxious. i would never have though twice about flying, as well as other things, before i began to have these issues.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
Heart Rhythm Community Resources