tachycardia upon standing
I see the Doctor Forums are now charing a $20 fee/question.  A little steep for someone out of work and unfortunate as this is a great public resource for people who might not have $20.

In any case, I was sitting at my computer yesterday and felt this strange sensation near the base of my throat
and lower, like fluttering, so I stood up and it got worse.  I got my pulse ox/hr monitor (my son has repaired heart
defects so we keep one handy) and put it on, showed my 02 was 99% and pulse was 130.  I sat down on the couch and it dropped right away to 88 with a 02 of 98/97%.  So I stood back up and it went back up to 120's.  
This whole time I could "feel" it in my chest.  Now a few weeks ago I had over the course of a week several episodes of radiating pain in my chest, like sharp pinches but I didn't worry b/c I've always heard true heart pain
is dull in nature and feels like pressure, not sharp pain and it hasn't been back.  

I will admit, I am not as healthy as I used to be, overweight and more sedentary than I should be and have an
enormous amount of stress over the past year.  I recorded this episode on my pulse ox/hr and am just wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone?  

Thanks!
I don't have any help on the pain issue or what may be the cause.  But, the Oxygen and Heart Rate numbers don't sound too bad to me.  My HR changes considerably between sitting and standing, don't count all that often but I'd say sitting for a while my HR is 80, stand and mover a little it is 100.  Of course the more over weight or other "out-of-shape" one is the greater the change in HR would be, I believe.

I also suspect to give that information to a doctor and expect anything helpful would be a "stretch".. the doc would probably say "see a doctor".
Hi. Perhaps look into Dysautonomia - POTS...

http://www.dinet.org/pots_an_overview.htm