tachycardia with exercise
Approximately 3 years ago I began to experience tachycardia with minimal exercise--I exercised at that time probably 6 times a week.  I had started back to school and had to climb stairs and my heart rate will get to 180's, I don't feel any arrhythmias with this, just short of breath and slight discomfort at times in my chest.  Also, I can walk all day long with no problem on a level service, but as soon as there is any incline to walking, my heart rate jumps to 170-190's.  A friend of mine and myself worked in a stress test unit and plugged me up to the machine and I tried walking, within less than 2 minutes my heart rate was 198, it scared her and she made me get off the machine, now this was just a regular walking stress test level.  My legs(the muscles in them) hurts so bad with any exercise I can't stand it, I have always been active, but just can't anymore, even with housework I am noticing it now.  It is very frustrating, I don't feel as if I have a blockage, but I feel like something is wrong in my cardiovascular system.  Anybody ever heard of anything like this?
I'd recommend getting your heart checked. The doctor may have you wear a Holter monitor for a day and keep a journal of what you're doing and what you're feeling plus some blood work and an echo to make sure the heart is in normal condition. It sounds like you've been active in the past and this is completely new to you. That means it should be checked. Hope you get some good news.