tachycardia
What is this please?
he normal heart rate is between 60-100 beats per minute; a rate lower than 60 is called Bradycardia and a rate over 100 is called tachycardia.
Hello Hutches, what made you ask? Just curious.
Tachycardia is a rate that exceeds what is considered normal.  You can have different types of tachycardia depending on where the rhythm is originating from.  The normal pace maker of the heart is the sinus node and normal for it is between 60-100 bpm.  So >100 = tachycardia.  However, if you are in a junctional rhythm, which means the rhythm is originating from your AV node, then you could have a junctional tachycardia at a rate of 80 as the normal rate for this part of the heart is 40-60 bpm.  The normal pacing rate for the ventricles is even slower.  Most of the time though when somebody refers to tachycardia, they are referring to a sinus tachycardia meaning the rate is coming from the sinus node (this is the normal pacemaker for the heart) and is greater than 100 bpm.  The only reason why a rhythm is originating from somewhere other than the sinus node is because there is some abnormality.  
Thank you very much for this. Unfortunately I am between 2 schools of thought - one advocates doubling bisoprodol to 10 mg. The other took me off them and substituted Cordarone X 200 mg. daily.My bp was 132/80, pulse 100bpm, sinus rythm with venticular pacing at 83bpm.  I have suffered from severe breathlessness on walking, but this has been better since dropping the bisoprodol. Other tests are normal. I had a Pacemaker fitted in March.
What a puzzle!
If you are still getting short of breath, your first check would be to see if your pacemaker settings are correct for you as an individual. They need to walk you around the hospital halls and watch what is happening. My daughter's pediatric cardiologist had to do this with my daughter and she had some weird settings placed, but it helped.
Thank you for this. I shall be seeing the second consultant tomorrow to discuss the test results, and I will ask if he thinks the Pacemaker is set correctly. I will post results!