taking a pulse
Since wearing a monitor, I have become more aware of my episodes (how long they last, how severe, what symptoms I am exhibiting, etc) and have been keeping better track of them as well.  However, I do not know how to take a pulse.  I know how to find my pulse and can tell when it is faster than it should be or when it is off beat, but I do not know how to measure it.

Can anyone explain to me in simple terms (since I am more of a visual learner and it might take me a while to understand) how to take my own pulse?
If you can feel you pulse, can count the pulses and have a clock, best with a second count you should be able to get your heart rate any time you want to.

Look at the clock/watch and either count the number of pulses in 10 seconds and then multiply that by 6 to get the number per minute.  This is the normal measure, that is 60 pulses per minute is an example.

If you don't like to multiply, and want an even better average rate number, count for a full minute, that is the count per minute.  That is what I do, count for a full minute.  This also gives me time to make a mental note of how regular or irregular the pulse is.
Thank you.  It has been a big help.