Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
testosterone
About This Forum:

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

testosterone

I had an abaltion proceedure on 30 May 07.  I continued to be sympotatic (both arrhythmia and PACs) until mid August, a week after my followup appointment.  I was scheduled for a repeat ablation in November.  However, I had no episodes through September and asked if i could put off the repeat ablation.  The doctor said sure and I proceeded to have another episode on October 15th.  I resceduled for a repeat ablatoin in January 08.  I had another episode on November 9th and then one on Decembr 2nd.  On December 6th I started taking testosterone for energy and mood problems.  I have not had an episode of Afib since.  In the meanwhile the doctor i had been scheduled with left the clinic as did the doctor I was transfered to.  I now think I am scheduled for a repeat ablation in May 08, but am wondering if I should put off that one too.  Is it possible that the testosterone is 'curing' my afib?  I believe someone at Cleveland Clinic is doing a study on Testosterone and Afib (under the heading of lone afib ?).
Thank you