Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
testosterone

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

testosterone

I had an abaltion proceedure on 30 May 07.  I continued to be sympotatic (both arrhythmia and PACs) until mid August, a week after my followup appointment.  I was scheduled for a repeat ablation in November.  However, I had no episodes through September and asked if i could put off the repeat ablation.  The doctor said sure and I proceeded to have another episode on October 15th.  I resceduled for a repeat ablatoin in January 08.  I had another episode on November 9th and then one on Decembr 2nd.  On December 6th I started taking testosterone for energy and mood problems.  I have not had an episode of Afib since.  In the meanwhile the doctor i had been scheduled with left the clinic as did the doctor I was transfered to.  I now think I am scheduled for a repeat ablation in May 08, but am wondering if I should put off that one too.  Is it possible that the testosterone is 'curing' my afib?  I believe someone at Cleveland Clinic is doing a study on Testosterone and Afib (under the heading of lone afib ?).
Thank you
I am unaware of studying going on about testerone and atrial fib, but it might be.  If you aren't sure if you want or need an atrial fib ablation, by all means put it off.  It is a safe procedure but there are risks.  There are no reasons to take unnecessary risk and if you aren't sure you want it, post pone or cancel it until you are sure.

I doubt testosterone will cure your afib, but it may impact the frequency.  This is not well studied.

I hope this helps.