throat flutters
I was wondering if anyone else gets flutters in their throat.  I have had them off and on for about a year (have had tests) and just recently they've become really bothersome.  They mess up my whole day when they happen because of the cascade of fear and uncertainty they cause.  

My throat will feel tight and I am short of breath afterwards.  Not entirely sure if that is heart or panic related.  I have left arm pain (up near the shoulder) and it completely throws me off guard.

Just wanted to see if there was anyone else out there that had these and if they were as scary as they seem to be to me.

Thanks.
I am assuming you've been checked out by a doctor.  Do you have heart issues or is this all new?  I get flutters in my throat.  They started about a year and a half ago.  I have had PAC's for 16 years and I feel the flutters in my throat are definitely connected to my PAC's.  I do suffer from panic as a direct result from the heart issues.  When I feel the throat flutters, I begin coughing and I get hot flashes.  I have had every heart test and 3 different doctors have told me that my heart is healthy, I'm just symptomatic with the PAC's.  In other words, my condition is benign.  Try drinking cold water or coughing when you feel them.  I do know how scary it is, and I'm sorry you are having to feel them.  Best to you!
I'm not really sure if it is an expression in English, but in Norway we have a proverb, "to get the heart in the throat" as an expression of anxiety.

It can have a lot of causes. Your heartbeat can be forceful, so blood flow is noticeable in the throat. It can simply be non-cardiac related; what you feel is really muscle spasms somewhere else. It can be a supraventricular arrhythmia named AVNRT, where the heart's upper chambers are activated after the main chambers, causing blood flowing backwards (not dangerous) thus causing a fluttering in your throat or an urge to cough. It can be PVCs or PACs with similar effect. And it can be caused by an over-focusing on symptoms, that is classical with anxiety.

Almost all of the causes mentioned above are benign. In your case, the most likely explaination is a relation to panic or anxiety. It's scary, common and completely safe.

Anyway, keep in touch with your doctor and find the exact cause. It doesn't seem dangerous but it's always a relief to be sure!
I have been checked out by a doctor and see a new one next week.  

I actually have the throat flutter thing happen and it doesn't phase me but there are occasional ones (becoming more frequent) that cause multiple other things to happen.  (Left arm pain, shortness of breath, etc)  Those are the ones that scare me and although I can tell myself we've been here before, the transition from feeling to almost panic is instantaneous and there is no chance for me not to feel scared by it.

Thank you both for responding, it truly is comforting.