treatment for valvular atrial fibrillation
There is something to do after  insuccessful Maze procedure   in case of prostethic mitral valve?
I refuse to get to answer: AV node Ablation (with pacemaker implant sure..)  Must be another way  also..
Anette.

This discussion is related to success rate of CRT Implantation & Life of the device.
I understand you to say you had your mitral valve replaced (mechanical/biological?) and that a Maze procedure was done at that time to attempt a correction of atrial fibrillation.  

Been close to that myself, have had my mitral valve repaired and a Maze procedure done in November of 2007.   I came out of surgery in normal sinus rhythm and remained that way for about a month, then I went into atrial flutter and then atrial fibrillation.  I have been in AFib since that time and take a beta blocker to hold my heart rate down to below 90 for resting HR and I take Warfarin to mitigate the blood clots and strokes.

I have never had a discussion involving AV node ablation and a pace maker.  What AFib symptoms would cause you to consider a this action?  I assume you have symptoms and/or risks that can not be ignored.  

I would discuss with a doctor what else is possible, for example an ablation.  I have been told that failure of the Maze procedure does not mean an ablation for AFib will not work.  I am not getting an ablation because my symptoms are low level even though I am in permanent AFib.