ventricular tachycardia
I had a follow up in November for my prehypertension (I got my blood pressure back to normal cause I lost 12 pounds) and I told my doctor about some chest pain that I have been having. So she put me on a holter monitor for 24 hours and nothing so I got put on a event monitor for 30 days and on Christmas Eve I had an episode and they called me saying I have an irregular heart beat. So I got to feel the joy of what it feels like to be a lab rat. In one week I had an echocardiogram, MRI, stress test and many EKGs. My echo came back good but my stress test came back with ventricular tachycardia and my last EKG came back bad too. But I don't have my MRI results yet. I don't meet with him till march 20th. My question is how do I help calm the chest pain? It's always different like sometimes it will be stabbing or tightness or pressure but most of the time it's the stabbing one. How can I mange the pain till my appointment? Also does anyone have tips on "calming down" I have palpitations that are bothersome and when I walk up stairs my heart races even just after 9 steps. So I want to know how people deal with it? Thank you.
First,  have they determined a cause for your chest pain. I cannot speak to the chest pain. You and your doctor need to manage that,  and some diligence with it is appropriate.

I do not have chest pain. And my risk factors  for heart attack are low.  I deal with anxiety mostly with light exercise. I also do my best to research my issues in depth without ruminating about it. This is one of my ways of controlling my situation,  rather than letting it control me. Along these same lines,  One key thing I also do is to stop all anagonists, caffeine, alchohol, unneeded stress. If symptoms can be reduced to a reasonable level,  I find it much easier to relax, and I feel more in control. Be safe,  but stay in charge of your life.  This helps to keep a positive outlook.  
One thing else. There is a lot to know about vt. But going out and getting the information removes the mystery.  Some mystery is good when watching movies,  not when thinking about health matters.  Learning can be a source of direction,  and it can help you maintain a healthy perspective.