Heart Rhythm Community
vertigo on looking down

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

vertigo on looking down

I have vertigo looking down. Have done the Epley maneuver several times. The vertigo is still there.  Along with this vertigo, which I've had incidents of daily for about two week, I have a stuffed or dull feeling in my head, and low energy.  .  Does anyone have any knowledge of this?
Tags: vertigo looking down
Hope you are feeling better and able to enjoy this Christmas day of 2013.

I can't associate anything specifically related to heart rhythm in what you post, perhaps you also have some heart symptoms?

You problem may be related to an ear problem, a physiological problem - I have a basic fear of height and get some vertigo-like symptoms when I climb an extension ladder, or even possible if I stand on a step ladder only a few feet off the ground.  I overcome that my "adjusting" my mind to not be fearful, and it works for me.

But, if you symptoms are related to a physical condition I think a ear problem which may be a simple as a sinus infection could be the cause.  

You may benefit from posting elsewhere on the MedHelp forum... perhaps a search on "vertigo" will give some leads on where the subject has been discussed, it may even be a community - check that list (see forums in the top left of this web page).

thanks so much. Yes I do think it's the inner ear. I did some facial and neck yoga, and a lot of slow head turning with eyes fixed on one spot. I still have some vertigo but I am convinced it is related to inner ear imbalance.