wait how long?
I have a pre-existing condition that makes it difficult to speak, not impossible but it just requires more effort for me to get sound out. The pre-existing condition is called repetitive growth laryngeal papillomas. The month of January I have had bad allergies which makes it even more difficult to talk. Tonight I started back teaching which requires lots of talking. After two hours of teaching and straining my voice I noticed slight palpitations. I get them from time to time and just thought it was nerves and excitement from starting a new class. After the class I noticed that my heart rate was elevated and that I was almost feeling dizzy. Over four hours later my heart rate is over 150 beats per minute. I have no pre-existing diagnosed heart conditions but I've never experienced this high of a rate for this long. How long do I let it go before going to the er without insurance coverage? How long can Tachycardia of 150-170 persist before it's dangerous?
Go to the ER.  If you have not been previously diagnosed, you don't know what you're dealing with.  Better safe than sorry.  Let us know how you are.