want more answers please
I know this topic has been discussed lots before...but i'd like more answers if anyone has them.  Why does changing position make the heart go wacky?  For instance, if I'm sittin on the couch and then I lean over to the left, even slightly, to snuggle somebody, my heart goes wonky.  Also, if I lay back on my back to quickly... I still don't understand.  Help please. Could that mean a dangerous problem?
It may be something to do with the changes in blood pressure that these movements cause and the autonomic nervous system stimulating the heart to compensate. Just a theory..
I think it has to do with the vagal nerve.  Then again, it might have to do with who you snuggle........there is a real hunk who sits on my sofa, and my heart goes whacky everytime we snuggle.  Seriously, it is  most likely just a temporary reaction to a change in position and nothing serious.  Thin people with blood pressure on the low side suffer more often from this, just my observation.

I think it might work in the same way as the valsalva maneouvre....except I'm not sure how that works! something to do with autonomic nervous system and vagus verve and all that jazz.

pvcqueen LOL @ who you snuggle!!
It happens to me too and I think it has to do with stimulation to the vagus nerve.