weird thumping in throat
Hi, I am not sure where to post this so here goes.  I was sitting in my car waiting for my son, not having a stressful day at all.  All of the sudden I got what felt like rapid thumping in my throat (the divit in the center of collarbone) and my head felt like it was sinking.  It stopped and I was ok but fairly alarmed. What was it?  
It sounds like it may be Canon A waves, which are harmless. Most people have premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) at one time or another. If the timing of the PVC is such that the atria and ventricle attempt to contract at the same time, the blood in the contracting atria can't pass through the closed tricuspid valve and so is pumped backwards (the back-pressure pulse is called a Canon A wave), in the wrong direction towards the head.  This is often felt as a thump or tickling in the throat (in the jugular vein).

If you continue to experience these sensations, you probably should see your doctor to check it out. It will likely be harmless but best to make sure