will pacemaker reverse the complications of a AV block
my husband was adopted. The doctor's diagnosed a  Wenchebach  when he was 3 months old and said that it was a birth defect. When he was 13 they inserted a pacemaker and told him that he would not live to be 21 without it. I am currently a nursing student as I'm learning about the heart I'm wondering did the Wenchebach progress to a mobitz 2 or 3rd degree heart block? I was also wondering if he now has a pacemaker is his disease fixed or can he have other problems related to it? Also will he live a shorter life in relation to this?
You didn't give an age, but as you are talking about your husband I assume the early diagnosis and implant of a pace maker was a number of years ago.  That said, he must also have some "service" arrangement for keeping the pacemaker battery and operation maintained.   Given 10 years or more (assumed) have passed I'd think it important that the condition be evaluated by a cardiologist applying today's knowledge and technology.  

It is my guess, I don't know, that any heart defect lowers one's life expectancy... but maybe not by much.  I believe I had heart valve defects from an early age, perhaps born with the condition, and while I required surgery a couple of years back I have made it to 71 so far... expect to make a bit longer.  Heart problems impact our lives, but they should be dealt with in an educated and optimistic way.

I respond in part to "bump" your post to the top of the list for one more pass before it goes to back pages.