Heartburn Expert Forum
Acid Reflux

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Heartburn and include Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Medical Treatments, Surgical Treatments, and Symptoms.

Acid Reflux

I was diagnosed with acid reflux 6 days ago and just began taking Protonix(6 days ago). I also take Atenolol twice daily for SVT for the last four years. My biggest issue now is I have been having difficulty swallowing. For several months sometimes when I would swallow food/medicine would feel as though it was going up instead of down when I would initially swallow. I was not having heartburn or feeling of esopgagus spams at that time. I am confused that sometimes I can eat and food seems to go right down with no swallowing trouble then other times it feels like food is just sitting in top of my stomach which causes a pain that feels similar to a muscle spasm(dull ache). Since taking the Protonix most of the heartburn is gone. My throat is not as sore and not feeling like I am wheezing so much but I continue to have intermittent swallowing trouble or feeling like something (food or pill) is stuck in my throat. How long does it normally take for that sensation to go away? It is really worrying me partly because of how uncomfortable it is and also because it makes me feel like I'm going to choke. I see my family doctor in two days. Also I had an endoscopy done four years ago due to upper stomach pain/burning which turned up nothing.
can take several weeks for the throat to heal
get rescoped!
i had acid reflux it was caused by my under active thyroid gland. drugs only mask the problem i would if i was u get your thyroid checked. also i did not go on hormone replacement for underactive thyroid i took natural progesterone cream. i took it not to solve this problem as i was due to go to doctors again and talk about hormone replacement. i took the cream to help energy levels and make me have increased sex drive as my wife is taking the stuff and she is sex mad now. men change progesterone into testosterone. after about 5-6 days i noticed i had loads of energy and was not gulping down bottles of gaviscon anti acid. i stumbled across this and was not expecting it. its worth a try for you as it has many benefits and might stop acid reflux it did with me. never trust the doctors fully they are not smart enough. they are years behind biochemists in knowing about human body. it has been about a month now and no acid. the cream is £18 in uk and probs about 30$ in usa im guessing so its not gonna break ur bank balance for trying it.
oh yeah and to add it was a dr john lee who did the main study on natural progesterone. one doctor i would have trusted