Heartburn Expert Forum
Angina or Heartburn?!

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Heartburn and include Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Medical Treatments, Surgical Treatments, and Symptoms.

Angina or Heartburn?!

I am a 22 year old university student, and have been experiencing both symptoms of Angina and Heartburn for almost 2 years now. I know that at my young age it isn't likely that I have heart problems..but some of my syptoms (symptoms) seem to point towards that direction from the little research I've done online.

I have dull, aching pain in the left side of my chest slightly above and to the right of my nipple almost all throughout the day. It seems to be the worst in the morning and diminish a little throughout the day. I can also feel gases constantly "bubbling" around and making noises that seem to be coming from the left side of my chest, but a little lower than the dull aching pain. My most concerning symptom is in the same area of the dull aching pain I feel throughout the day - sometimes it feels like a squeezing pressure behind my chest bone. Sometimes it even feels like something is being squeezed though a small opening and I get short bursts of sharp pains in the same area when this happens. Also, some mornings while I am in the process of getting up and going, the tip of my left thumb feels numb for a little while.  

This has been very discomforting to me and makes it extremely hard to concentrate on my studies most of the time. All of the doctors I've seen either gave me antacid medicine or they ruled it as anxiety and I have been taking clonazepam for the past year with no decrease in these symtoms (symptoms). I've also had a treadmill test that came back fine. I don't get much excersise aside from walking to class and I eat a lot of fast food and other food that's not so great for the body. I'm quite positive that this is causing the gases I feel...but my main concern is If I'm developing any type of heart disease in addition to the gases I feel below the area my dull and sometimes sharp aching pain.

I hope this is fairly easy to understand as it is a little difficult to describe exactly how my body feels on the inside

Thank you very much in advance!
angina is unlikely in a 22 yr old patient
try some prilosec, avoid spicy or acidic foods, alcohol and caffeine
good luck