Heartburn Expert Forum
Can a Nissen Toupet Warp come undone in a month?

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Heartburn and include Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Medical Treatments, Surgical Treatments, and Symptoms.

I am a long term heartburn patient, have had it since I was 13 (about15 years now).  Just last month I had the a Nissen Toupet Wrap done, I was in pain, but felt great, no heartburn.  Then about a week or so ago I started getting chest pains and stomach pains, feels like it's heartburn again!!  I called my surgeron and he seems to think it is not heartburn, but food getting stuck causing the chest pains.  I am not really having problems eating and I having been burping alot with no problems.  But he wants to go in a dialte.  I am scheduled for the scope next week.  My question is: Is it possible for the wrap to come undone in less than a month?  Or is it possible that food is getting stuck, even though I can still burp?  Will the surgeon be able to tell if the wrap is undone when he goes in to dialte?
I felt so good after the surgery, I just want my chestpains to go away.
sounds like some postop swelling leading to gas trapping rather than the Nissen unwrapping
a barium swallow and endoscopy with/without dilatation is the way to go