Heartburn Expert Forum
Do you feel like me??

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Heartburn and include Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Medical Treatments, Surgical Treatments, and Symptoms.

Do you feel like me??

Wow, I have been making myself crazy because all I can think about is this stupid pain. Well its not stupid it is scary. It is located to the top of my left breast and it is a sharp to dull pain that comes and goes. I have been diagnosed with  Costochondritis and I am not sure what all that entails so I was looking for some support here. I got a steroid shot on Tuesday and a prescription of Previcid. What is weird is the pain does not seem to bother me when I am relaxed. But sense I worry about it all the time I have wine to relax and it helps. Is this weird or what? The more I worry over this the more it seems to act up. I went to massage therapy on Tuesday also and I felt amazing until yesterday evening! I think that the massage relaxed me and eased my mind and that is why the pain subsided for a while. Does anyone else on here feel this way?? Please respond asap..Thank you for your time!!
1 Comment
Yes I feel like this alot as well. I have been dealing with a medical condition for several years and have endured a couple of surgeries. I found out again I am going to have to have another surgery to fix what the second doctor shoudl have done and I'm scared to death. My condition causes me to have severe chest pain and at times it's so unbearable. I am not a youngster and what i worry about is if the pain I am having is from my medical issue or if I'm having a heart attack. SO I spent the money and had a full exam and all testing that I coudl on my heart to make me feel better that this is not my heart. It's funny at times what I find my self doing to deal with this, sometimes I get so mad and just try to ignore the pain and it seems to crop up more then and at other times I'm just waiting for the next pain to come and nothing happens. It's crazy.
The only thing I've found that helps me at all is to immerse myself into my work. It takes my mind totally off of myself and what my body is doing. I don't have any suggestions for you except to try to find your center and something to focus your mind on other than your pain. Also have a full physical to rule out any other things that could be causing your pain so you don't feel that there are other things going on. Good luck to you!