Heartburn Expert Forum
Does liver or gallstone problem cause GERD?

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Heartburn and include Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Medical Treatments, Surgical Treatments, and Symptoms.

I have an SGPT/ALAT test of 58.07 to a normal rating of 0 to 49. I also have a small gallstone. Can these cause GERD?
atchiexiv
GERD and gallstone symptoms are often v similar
Gallstones and other liver/biliary disease cannot cause GERD
An ultrasound of the gallbladder is generally a useful test to look for gallstones
pH testing and manometry will be sufficient to exclude GERD/acid reflux
If you have GERD and medications, diet changes and head of bed elevation are not controlling your symptoms, then you may have to consider more invasive treatments such as surgery
There is now an incision free anti-reflux procedure call TIF/esophyx you may wish to consider which offers the benefits of fundoplication surgery without many of the risks
Gallstones would require surgery too if eliminating fat from your  diet is not helping
Thanks a lot for your advise.

I appreciate it a lot