Heartburn Expert Forum
Is my doctor missing something?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Heartburn and include Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Medical Treatments, Surgical Treatments, and Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is my doctor missing something?

Hello,

Please tell me what you think.

4 months ago I started vomiting in the morning after I would have orange juice and then at night after I would have had some wine. My tooth broke as well during this time. I was experiencing indigestion as well as common IBS symptoms. I went to the doctor and she gave me nexium. I took it for 6 weeks and didn't feel that it was working. I had stopped vomiting but that was because I had drastically changed my diet and started taking ant-acids like Gaviscon etc. She sent me for a blood test and it came back negative, I think it was to check for an ulcer.
I was still experiencing heart burn and tenderness in my stomach as well as pain underneath my breast bone so she gave me Pan-Pantoprazole, which I have been taking. I felt this worked better than nexium, however, shortly after starting it, I developed a chronic unproductive cough which reminds me of the time I had bronchitis. The cough is coupled with an itch in the throat and a noticeable hoarseness of voice. Each day my voice gets hoarser and hoarser, it sounds like it is just going away.
I don't get it. What do I have? And if it is GERD wouldn't I have been better by now?