Heartburn Expert Forum
New member with severe GERD symptoms
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Heartburn and include Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Medical Treatments, Surgical Treatments, and Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

New member with severe GERD symptoms

I have Gerd, Esophogitis ,IBS, Hiatal Hernia and Lactose Intolerance.  The medications that I take for my stomach are , Kapidex, Carafate , Bentyl and I recently purchased Alkaline drops online.  I have a host of other medical conditions that I take prescriptions for also. These include Albuterol, Flovent, Combivent, Spiriva, lasix, Diamox , Clariten and Nasonex.  I follow a strict diet, no fatty , greasy, fried ,alcoholic or dairy.  I elevate my head in bed and lay on my left side. I had test done which include upper and lower GI series, endoscope and a fluroscope. I do everything my Doctor tells me but I am still suffering . My Doctor also suggested that I lose weight. I put myself on a strict no sugar low fat diet, but my problem is that I have been diagnosed with a Metabolic disorder and I can't lose the weight.  Please Doctor I need your help badly.
1140722 tn?1266356279
see personal message
2 Comments
Blank
Thank you for your prompt responce to my post.  I am already aware of  Gastric Bypass Surgery intended for use in weight loss.  I have a family member who underwent this procedure.  He lost the weight and has also put his Diabetis under control.

Interstingly enough I have not heard of the Xsophy  procedue yet. Sounds like a good tool to aide in surgery with less complications for the patient . Minimal inscisions are always a plus too.
Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank