Heartburn Expert Forum
New member with severe GERD symptoms
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Heartburn and include Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Medical Treatments, Surgical Treatments, and Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

New member with severe GERD symptoms

I have Gerd, Esophogitis ,IBS, Hiatal Hernia and Lactose Intolerance.  The medications that I take for my stomach are , Kapidex, Carafate , Bentyl and I recently purchased Alkaline drops online.  I have a host of other medical conditions that I take prescriptions for also. These include Albuterol, Flovent, Combivent, Spiriva, lasix, Diamox , Clariten and Nasonex.  I follow a strict diet, no fatty , greasy, fried ,alcoholic or dairy.  I elevate my head in bed and lay on my left side. I had test done which include upper and lower GI series, endoscope and a fluroscope. I do everything my Doctor tells me but I am still suffering . My Doctor also suggested that I lose weight. I put myself on a strict no sugar low fat diet, but my problem is that I have been diagnosed with a Metabolic disorder and I can't lose the weight.  Please Doctor I need your help badly.
1140722_tn?1266356279
see personal message
2 Comments
Blank
Thank you for your prompt responce to my post.  I am already aware of  Gastric Bypass Surgery intended for use in weight loss.  I have a family member who underwent this procedure.  He lost the weight and has also put his Diabetis under control.

Interstingly enough I have not heard of the Xsophy  procedue yet. Sounds like a good tool to aide in surgery with less complications for the patient . Minimal inscisions are always a plus too.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
22 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979