Heartburn Expert Forum
Regland

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Heartburn and include Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Medical Treatments, Surgical Treatments, and Symptoms.

Regland

I am a Type 1 diabetic 41 yrs old female recently diagnosed with Gastroparesis.  

I tried domperidone but on day 4 became slightly itchy all over and especially on my lower jaw area.  I had the same reaction on day 7 of Lipitor.

My gastro interologist wants me to try Reglan but I am very worried about the side effects.  As well, I am wondering if you cannot take that medication long term than what is the point of trying it in the first place.  I have lost 30 pounds in 3 months from not eating which is stabilizing as I am supplementing with Boost and Ensure.

Any advice is appreciated.

Would you recommend reintroducing the domperidone in small increments as suggested to me by my allergist (although he said only if ABSOLUTELY necessarily).

Thanks,

Jodi
reglan has side effects but they occur only in a few % of patients
worth a try to see if it works - can be used on a "need only' basis