Heartburn Expert Forum
Very worried!..Back pain after consuming alcohol!

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Heartburn and include Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Medical Treatments, Surgical Treatments, and Symptoms.

Decided to go test things out and have an alcoholic beverage yesterday.Was almost finished with my drink,just one, and my back started aching. About 20 minutes later, when I finished dinner, my back started hurting even worse. Very uncomfortable and hard to sit still. Finally eased up about 20 minutes later but continued to ache slightly all evening and I felt a little nauseous. Had a bit of a back ache throughout the day but especially tonight after I ate dinner. Continued to ache all evening, feels like a muscle strain but the area around my breastbone aches too.  The back pain is mainly in the area that would be behind the sternum but also under both shoulder blades as well. Have an appointment with a gastroenterologist but it's over 2 weeks away. Is this something that is safe to keep putting off? Is this reflux or stomach related, or could something else be going on?

The first time this happened to me was in July of last year. Had stomach issues for months before I had 3 episodes of severe pain abdominal pain. One gallstone or sludge ball on ultrasound so I had my gallbladder removed in December. Two times since I've consumed alcohol and had pain. Took PPIs for 6 weeks and all my symptoms seemed  worse while on them. Had chest discomfort just drinking water. Currently have upper abdominal tenderness, frequent burping, and hiccups among other things.

Prior to all of this I hadn't been to a doctor in probably 6 years. Went in July due to because of a sore throat and was given a shot of steroids and antibiotics. Also was prescribed antibiotics. This is around the time some of my stomach issues started. My throat still looks red and has some white spots. Also my stomach problems started a couple months after I started dieting. I've lost 52 pounds since June (215 to 163).

I've very worried and this is given me anxiety that I've never had. Going to doctors makes me so nervous and scared which is why I'm on here.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
would get endoscopy and CT scan
avoid alcohol
may be alcohol induced pancreatitis
The first thing that bothers me when I get heartburn is my back, I usually feel it in my back between my shoulderblades before I do in my chest.