Heartburn Expert Forum
cant eat much please help
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Heartburn and include Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Medical Treatments, Surgical Treatments, and Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

cant eat much please help

I had a baby 3 years ago & started having chest pains, shortness of breath, left arm pain. Had a complete heart workup. Jan of this year, I ate pizza about a 1/2 hour after I ate I started coughing and couldn't breath. called 911, they took me to ER where told me I had acid reflux here's a nexium follow up with your GI doc.  he did an endoscope. Said I dont have acid reflux. I continued to have breathing problems in my diaphragm area & PCP said you have bronchitis Gave me predisone, amoxicilian. Continued to have breathing problems and developed swallowing problems. So I called pulmonary doc, sent me to an ENT put a camera in my throat said I have LPR. Gave me nexium.I continued to have swallowing problems did a barium swallow it was normal. Eventually the globas feeling & swallowing got better but I eat the same things everyday. Was on nexium 2 x a day, didn't eat anything that would give me acid reflux, drink only water, sleep sitting up. I am now to the point where I can eat boxed pudding, graham crackers, banana's, egg whites. I have started juicing. I was able to eat fish and veggies until 2 weeks ago I had another bad episode of the breathing, Lungs are fine no asthma. GI stills ays it is not silent acid reflux.   If I have been sitting for awhile and stand up I have problems in my stomach, upper bowel diaphragm area, when I take a deep breath, expand my stomach it is hard to breath. Also after I have a bowel movement I have the same issue. When I eat or drink anything it feels like my food is just sitting there. I take kapidex now and ativan (as needed) still no improvement.   I am 35 years old, 5'4", 98 lbs. I have lost about 15-20 lbs with all of this. I am so weak and with not being able to eat my fish, just juicing 2 x a day I am so weak, but can't get anywhere with doc. PCP said try gluten free diet, I've tried, thats not it.