Heartburn Expert Forum
guestion about gerd

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Heartburn and include Causes, Complications, Diagnosis, Medical Treatments, Surgical Treatments, and Symptoms.

guestion about gerd

just came from pulmonologist. I went there because I have been experiencing shortness of breath for a month. No heartburn, no funny tast in mouth, no other discomfort. After taking the breathing tests which were all okay the pulmonologist looked in my mouth and said he could see in the back of my throat some kind of "fungus" or thrush which he said was from gerd. Never heard of gerd being diagnosed this way. Just wondering what any of you reflux "pros" know about this diagnosis from shortness of breath as the only symptoms
could be due to gerd
need to have endoscopy +/- barium swallow to prove the diagnosis
Based on what I have read and been told, the barium swallow has to do with evaluating motility/ swallowing issues. I have none of those. The only symptom I have is SOB. What I was wondering is what do you think the pulmonologist saw in the back of my throat that made him so sure about the GERD diasnosis. In the past 3 weeks he has had me on gerd meds plus Zantec morning and night. No change still consistant with SOB throughout the day.
Thanks for any additional help you can give me. FYI I had 2 stents put in just before the SOB started. The cardiologist gave me a chest xray that he compared pre and post stent, blood work for heart failure, 2 ekgs and an echo. He has given me the all clear from his position on SOB. Cant figure out why is started after the stents were put in.