Help with pain and pain medication User Group
Good Long Term Pain Medications
About This Group:

Hello all; I am asking for your help and/or advice. I had two spinal surgeries a year ago and have been in Chronic pain ever since. I had spinal stenosis and was told that I could be paralysed soon if I did not have a cervical fusion. I was at 78% blockage at that point. OK So since then I have been living a totally dfferent life, a life full of pain, fear, limitations, anxiety, and depression. Right now I have been on Oxycodone 10/325 for a year. I am up to taking 150 of them per month along with anxiety meds, depression meds, muscle relaxers!!! 18 months ago I barely took an asprin. My question and concerns are that the oxycodone is not working anymore. I am scared to ask my doctor for anything else. What I would like to do is replace it wth somethng that will work. I do not know what this would be and how to ask. I have recently moved from AZ to CA and have only seen my doctor one time. My muscles are twitching all night to the point I can not sleep, my pain is constantly a 6-7 with meds and I can not live like this anymore. Any suggestions for coming off the meds, asking for what will work, help n anyway. Doc suggestions for the Modesto area would be great tool. I am slipping fast and do not know how much longer I can take it and how to fix it.... Thanks for the help,

Founded by sandiemas623 on August 19, 2011
79 members

Good Long Term Pain Medications

Vicodin and oxycontin are not good drugs for long term pain because as your tolerance rises so does your use.  For long term pain, my pain doc has me on Fentynal patches and immediate release morphine sulfate.  I have been on them now for about 4 years without upping dosage.
IBKleen commented on Sonrissa's status
IBKleen commented on Pat1956100's status
Sep 21
IBKleen Week # picks are up..come ... Comment
Sep 17