Help with pain and pain medication User Group
Opiates
About This Group:

Hello all; I am asking for your help and/or advice. I had two spinal surgeries a year ago and have been in Chronic pain ever since. I had spinal stenosis and was told that I could be paralysed soon if I did not have a cervical fusion. I was at 78% blockage at that point. OK So since then I have been living a totally dfferent life, a life full of pain, fear, limitations, anxiety, and depression. Right now I have been on Oxycodone 10/325 for a year. I am up to taking 150 of them per month along with anxiety meds, depression meds, muscle relaxers!!! 18 months ago I barely took an asprin. My question and concerns are that the oxycodone is not working anymore. I am scared to ask my doctor for anything else. What I would like to do is replace it wth somethng that will work. I do not know what this would be and how to ask. I have recently moved from AZ to CA and have only seen my doctor one time. My muscles are twitching all night to the point I can not sleep, my pain is constantly a 6-7 with meds and I can not live like this anymore. Any suggestions for coming off the meds, asking for what will work, help n anyway. Doc suggestions for the Modesto area would be great tool. I am slipping fast and do not know how much longer I can take it and how to fix it.... Thanks for the help,

Founded by sandiemas623 on August 19, 2011
81 members

Opiates

I am new here, but have been reading other posts.  I really understand about the withdrawal, dependency etc.  I just had surgery on a cyst, but have had back problems for over 3 years now.  Here in Michigan, the doctors won't let you have med early, take more than prescribed or give you something stronger than what you have been taking for pain to begin with?  I want to have a normal life again.  I wake up wanting a pill or I can't function day to day.  I take a pill to be ME, is that right?
I want to be weened off the pills, but of course most of the time I JUST WANT THEM.  Its a vicious
cycle and I want to heal, and get off of them all  together. Please let me know if ANYONE had or has this problem.

Write back to me anyone who is in this type of situation.
That would be greatly appreciated
Thank You!
Lorie
Michigan
Tags: Opiates
I, like you am in that cycle...I am surpriised I am only comment.
Hope you are still in touch with this forum.
Blessings
I am 28 and been in that position for 13 years, been worse some times more than others. You're so not alone. I don't even think about how I could stop. :(
IBKleen commented on Bubulous's status
IBKleen commented on onthefence's status
Adoremyson commented on My name is addiction...
Dec 17